she has a chest infection (requested)

Your eyes flew open when you heard that awful sound coming from Taylor as she sat up against the pillows beside you.

You reached over to turn on the lamp and your heart dropped when you saw her.

She was coughing into her elbow repeatedly and trying so hard to catch her breath in between.

You put your hand on her back and felt her feverish skin against your fingertips. You rubbed her back in circles to try to soothe her through it, knowing she needs that comfort.

She stopped a moment later and hung her head to take a few deep breaths. You could hear her wheeze a little as she inhaled deeply.

"Are you okay, Tay?"

"No." She whimpered before going to lay back down.

"Wait a second, baby." You said and fixed her pillows for her so she'd be able to breathe a little easier.

"Okay, there you go, my love. Lay back down. It's okay."

She put her head back against the pillows and closed her eyes to take a few more breaths.

"Does your chest hurt at all?" You asked and she shook her head.

"Not really, no. I'm just tired. I'm so sick of this chest infection." She whined and you rubbed her shoulder soothingly.

"I know, Tay." You whispered.

"Everything hurts, y/n. My entire body aches. My head hurts. I'm so hot. I'm so tired, I just want to sleep. But I can't stop coughing."

You didn't have the chance to say anything as the alarm on your phone went off.

"It's time for more medicine. Maybe that'll help you feel a little better."

She nodded and sat up again as you grabbed the painkillers and handed them to her.

She swallowed them down with some water, which you had to hold onto the cup of it for her because she was a little shaky.

"There we go, baby," you whispered and covered her up as she laid back down, tucking her in all nice and cozy.

She coughed into her elbow a few more times, groaning when she finished.

"Do you want me to make you another hot drink with some lemon and honey?"

She shook her head.

"I just want you to lay down and rest with me." She said.

"Okay. Try to drink your water some more. It's going to help you."

She nodded tiredly.

"I'll wake you up in a few hours when you need more medicine."

"I'll be awake before then I'm sure. I know I'll be coughing." She whined.

"I'm sorry, baby. I hope you feel better soon."

"Thank you, darling." She mumbled. "I love you. Thanks for being here with me and taking care of me."

"Always, my love." You said and kissed her forehead. "Get some sleep. If you need anything, I'm right here."

She nodded and listened to you hum as she fell asleep.

All you could do as you watched her sleep was hope that she'd start to feel better soon.