safe and sound (requested)

"It's okay, my love. You're doing a great job. Just breathe." Taylor said as she rubbed your shoulder comfortingly.

You were sitting on the bedroom floor with your hand wrapped in hers, squeezing with the tightest grip that you could muster as you try and overcome the panic attack that you were suffering.

Taylor's doing her best to guide you through it by brushing her thumb across your knuckles and taking deep breaths with you as you were convinced that you couldn't do it on your own.

"You're so strong, my love." She said as you put your cheek on her shoulder. "Keep breathing."

"I can't," You said as you took quick breaths. "I can't breathe."

"You can. I'm here for you. You're fine."

Your heart was beating so fast and so hard that you feared it might burst right out of your chest.

Your palms felt sweaty against Taylor's but she didn't care; she let you grip her hands as tight as you needed to.

It took a few minutes but soon enough, you caught your breath and your heartbeat slowed down and returned to normal.

But you were exhausted as you dropped your forehead onto hers as she leaned in close.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go. When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and past tonight." She sang as she pulled you into her arms.

You buried your face in her neck and closed your heavy eyes as she rubbed your back comfortingly and kept her lips near your ear.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

Safe and sound is one of your favorite songs.

From the lyrics to the way she sings the song with that soft, soothing voice - you always find so much comfort in the song.

It's gotten you through quite a lot, including the worst of your panic attacks, and the aftermath of them too.

So it was the perfect one for Taylor to sing to you now.

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling, everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold onto this lullaby even when the music's gone, gone."

You breathed out a contented sigh against her neck, causing her to shiver a little as it tickled her skin.

"Doing okay, darling?" She whispered as she began to gently brush her nails across your back.

"Yeah. I'm okay." You said before putting your arms around her neck. "Just keep singing to me, please. It's helping."

"Just close your eyes, you'll be alright." She sang as she combed her fingers through your hair. "Come morning light, you'll be safe and sound."

Her voice and the words leaving her lips brought you an immense amount of comfort.

And though you felt better by the time she finished the song, you asked her to sing it to you again.

Just because it makes you feel better.

And she didn't hesitate to, because she wanted you to feel better after everything you just went through.

She'd sit there and hold you and sing that song to you for as long as you wanted, as long as it helped you to feel better.