I'm here to stay (requested)

"Can't you see that I just miss you, Taylor?" You asked as you ran your fingers through your hair. "Look at the time! You just got home. It feels like you're never here anymore!"

Taylor just rubbed her temples due to the stress she was feeling at the moment.

It's midnight and she just arrived home not long ago.

She's been in the studio all day.

She left at about seven am, spending every hour writing and recording.

That's how it's been for the last couple of weeks and you're growing tired of her not being around.

"It's as though you don't even want to spend time with me!"

"That's not true, y/n!" She quickly defended.

"Well, that's how it feels! You're never here anymore!" You yelled.

"I'm just busy. What do you not understand about that?" She yelled in frustration.

"I'm tired of this, Taylor!" You yelled. "I'm tired of you never being here. I'm tired of your lifestyle!"

Her breath hitched and she felt tears stinging her eyes right away.

The yelling between the two of you stopped.

Instead, there was an uncomfortable silence in the air as your words replayed in Taylor's brain.

"Tay," you sighed.

"Don't." She sniffled before she made her way to the front door, storming out of the house as tears fell down her cheeks.

Her mind was wandering, thoughts full of self-doubt rushing through her brain.

She only stopped walking when she felt a hand on her shoulder, causing her to quickly turn around with a startled gasp.

Under the light of the moon and the lampposts, you could see her crying, and it broke your heart.

"I didn't mean it." You said and she shrugged her shoulders, not knowing whether or not she believed you.

"I know how hard it is." She said. "I know my lifestyle is difficult on not just me but everyone in my life. I know the rumors, the negativity, the constant invasion of privacy, and my busy schedule can be overwhelming. I always worried it would become too much for you."

"Baby, it's not too much for me. I just said that in the heat of the moment. I was frustrated."

She sat down on the sidewalk, kicking a few rocks on the ground with her long legs.

"Tay, I just miss you. I know you're busy and you have a lot going on but I just got frustrated because I worried you just didn't want to spend time with me."

"No, baby. That's not it at all, I swear." She said as you intertwined your fingers with hers. "I'm just trying to get a lot done."

"Are you overworking yourself?" You asked worriedly.

"I think so." She sighed. "I think I should take tomorrow off and spend some time with my girl."

She watched you smile before you put your head on her shoulder.

"I'd like that."

Things went quiet again as she began to play with your hair and kiss your head.

"I'm sorry again. You know I didn't mean it, right? I never would."

"I know." She sighed. "I'm just afraid that I might lose you."

"You'll never lose me, Tay. I'm here to stay."

She smiled when you turned your head to look up at her and you shared a quick kiss and though it was short, it was so sweet.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more, baby," you said before holding her tight.

"So, we're good, darling?" She asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Yeah. We're good, my love." You assured and rubbed her back, holding each other as close as possible.