I need you to come pick me up (requested)

"One song down, several more to go," Taylor said as she rolled her head back, cracking her neck as it started to bother her a little.

Sitting on the floor, she had her guitar on her lap and a pen and notebook beside her.

She's feeling inspired today and as her mind wanders and gets full of a bunch of different ideas, she also seems to be getting a lot done for the new album she's got in mind.

She began to strum the strings of her guitar once more and she closed her eyes, humming along to a melody that she was creating.

However, the sound of her phone ringing caused her to stop playing as she jumped and opened her eyes.

Sighing, she reached for her phone, and seeing your name on the screen brought a bright smile to her face.

"Baby! Are you on your way home?"

"I was." You said, sniffling quietly. "Tay, I need you to come pick me up."

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"I got into an accident."

"What? Are you hurt?" She asked as she put her guitar on the floor. "Shouldn't you be calling an ambulance?"

"No, I'm not hurt. I'm just shaken up." You said with a shaky breath. "Someone was speeding and texting and they bashed into my car. I hit a lamp post."

"Okay, baby, don't worry. I'm on my way." She said as she got up and ended the call after you told her where you were at.

She pulled on her shoes before grabbing her keys and running out the door.

You weren't too far from home, thankfully.

But it did take Taylor a few minutes to get to you.

She saw the flashing lights of the tow truck as well as a police car by your car when she pulled up.

Getting out of the car, you saw her running over to you and when she was close enough you jumped into her arms and held her tight.

"It's okay, sweet girl. I'm here, I've got you." She said as she put her head on yours.

Looking at the officer, he sent her a sad smile as Taylor tightened her grip on you.

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's alright. Your girlfriend said a car smashed into hers. The driver took off but your girlfriend got a look at the license plate so it won't be too long before we get them."

You were trembling in her arms.

You weren't crying, you just felt frightened and shaken up, understandably.

"Your girlfriend is pretty lucky. She's not hurt, so that's great. But her car isn't as lucky. She might need a new one." The officer explained.

One look at your car as it was getting moved up on the tow truck told Taylor that you'd definitely be needing a new car.

The front was damaged from hitting the lamppost and the back was messed up from being hit by the car.

It was a miracle that you hadn't been hurt because the damage to your car made her realize just how hurt you could've been.

"Screw the car." She said as she rubbed your back comfortingly. "What matters to me is that you're safe."

"I'm just shaky." You mumbled as you pulled away, staring up into her eyes. "It was scary."

"I know, darling. That's perfectly understandable. But I'll help you in any way that I can."

You relaxed as you held her tightly, clutching her shirt in your hands.

"I'll let you know when we find them and we'll go from there. For now, though, you need to relax and go home." The officer said.

"Yeah, he's right. Come on, my baby. We'll go home and cuddle and order some food. We'll have a good evening together and you can just lean on me. You don't have to do a thing. I've got you."

You looked up at Taylor, finding comfort and relief in her ideas and promises.

"And you can think about the new car I'll be getting you."

You chuckled as she helped you into her car and helped you buckle up as your hands were too shaky to do it yourself.

"Here, darling, I've got you." She softly said and then kissed your head.

Afterward, she got in and put her hand on your thigh.

"Are you alright?" She asked as she brushed her fingers in circles across your skin.

"I hope you don't get annoyed with taking me places because I don't think I'll be driving for a while."

"I never get annoyed with you, my love. However I can help you, whatever I can do, I'll do. I promise. I love you and everything's going to be okay."

You put your head back against the seat and gazed over at her before placing your hand on hers.

"I love you too." You said.

She leaned over and kissed your cheek before she started the car and began to drive home.