The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher

It was a weekend, and Grace went to the Hog's Head with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Hermione, a few weeks ago, had given Harry the idea of teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts for those who really wanted to learn, since Umbridge's classes were not being helpful at all.

"I was wondering," Hermione said suddenly. "whether you'd thought any more about Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry."

" 'Course I have," Harry said grumpily. "Can't forget it, can we, with that hag teaching us —"

"I meant the idea Ron and I had" Ron looked at her threateningly. "oh, all right, the idea I had, then — about you teaching us."

Grace noticed that Harry at first pretended not to have paid any attention to Hermione.

"Well," he said slowly. "yeah, I — I've thought about it a bit."

"And?" Grace asked eagerly.

"I dunno," Harry said, looking at Ron.

"I thought it was a good idea from the start," Ron said.

Harry shifted uneasily in his chair.

"You did listen to what I said about a load of it being luck, didn't you?" Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry," Grace said gently. "you can produce a Patronus, you can do all sorts of stuff that full-grown wizards can't."

"You were the only person last year who could throw off the Imperius Curse completely, Viktor always said —" Hermione said.

Ron turned so quickly to Hermione that he looked like the little girl in The Exorcist. "Yeah? What did Vicky say?"

"He said Harry knew how to do stuff even he didn't, and he was in the final year at Durmstrang." Hermione said.

Ron would not take his eyes off Hermione. "You're not still in contact with him, are you?"

"So what if I am?" Hermione said coolly. "I can have a pen pal if I —"

"He didn't only want to be your pen pal," Ron said accusingly.

Ron was right, last year, right after the Yule Ball, on a day that Grace arranged to meet Hermione to tell her more about Blaise and her, Hermione revealed that Victor kissed her after the ball.

Hermione decided to ignore Ron. "Well, what do you think? Will you teach us?" she asked Harry.

"Just you three, yeah?"

"Well," Hermione said, looking a bit anxious. "Well... now, don't fly off the handle again, Harry, please... But I really think you ought to teach anyone who wants to learn. I mean, we're talking about defending ourselves against V-Voldemort."

"I agree with Hermione. It won't do any good just the three of us to learn from you. It's not only us who need to defend ourselves against Voldemort. Everyone does." Grace spoke.

Harry thought for a moment.

"Yeah, but I doubt anyone except you two would want to be taught by me. I'm a nutter, remember?" Harry said.

He was referring to the day of the third task. Many at Hogwarts do not believe Harry's word that Voldemort has returned.

"I think you might be surprised how many people would be interested in hearing what you've got to say," Grace said.

"Look," Hermione leaned torward him. "you know the first weekend in October's a Hogsmeade weekend? How would it be if we tell anyone who's interested to meet us in the village and we can talk it over?"

"Why do we have to do it outside school?" Ron said.

"Because I don't think Umbridge would be very happy if she found out what we were up to."