Chapter 6

The ninja watched Wu pace the floor in front of them, rubbing his beard. They were in the meeting room, discussing everything that had happened the past couple of months.

"It all happened so quickly," Jay spoke up. "It's hard to take everything in."

Cole nodded. "I know what you mean."

Wu sat down and pressed his hands on the table. "Okay," he began. "Let's start from the beginning."

"That would mean the battle," Zane said.

"Okay... okay," Wu breathed. "What happened during the battle?"

Zane's eyes glowed as he recalled everything that had happened. "From the top," he started. "Lloyd and Ariana broke in. They stole the shurikens. When we tried to stop them, they attacked us tooth and nail. They tried to—"

"Let's not get too detailed," Wu butted in. "I think we've heard enough about what Lloyd tried to do."

Zane gave a nervous chuckle before continuing. "Then Lloyd attempted to flee with the shurikens but turned in his tracks to help Ariana. I think we all know where that led."

"Stop there," Wu said. "I want to go over what Lloyd said whilst attacking my brother."

"Dang, that was deep," Jay murmured. "I didn't realize how many emotions Lloyd kept bottled up."

Nya nodded in agreement. "From what I remember, Lloyd truly felt unloved," she began. "The fact that we hid things from him made him feel untrusted."

"He thought we didn't look for him because we wanted him to go," Cole added. "He thought we threw him out because he was growing more powerful."

Jay frowned. "Because of his short-temper and things he had done, he thought we wouldn't accept him again," he put in. "He thought we wanted him to be perfect, but he knows he's not and feels like he doesn't fit in."

"He felt alone," Zane said. "He felt like he had to deal with his problems without any support. He thought none of us cared that he was struggling through feelings of abandonment."

There was a long silence.

Then Cole sighed. "We really messed things up," he murmured.

"We did," Wu sighed in agreement.

"I don't blame him for what path he went down," Jay said. "If I felt that way, I'd probably do the same thing."

"This is all our fault!" Nya exclaimed. "We should've been more aware of Lloyd's feelings!"

"What's done is done," Wu pointed out. "What I'm stuck on is what Ariana did. She seemed as horrified as the rest of us."

Cole shrugged. "Even she didn't think that much anger was in him," he guessed.

"Then I think that proves this is more than just revenge and power," Wu continued. "Lloyd is truly struggling through his emotions and doesn't know who he is anymore." Then he glanced at Zane. "What happened after the battle?"

Zane returned his gaze. "After that was when Kai suddenly collapsed," he informed.

Wu rubbed his beard. "Does anyone have any idea what happened to him?"

Everyone exchanged glances.

"The only thing I can suggest is his breathing," Zane spoke up.

Jay shook his head. "This doesn't make any sense!" he exclaimed. "Wouldn't Pixal have figured it out by now?"

"I have no idea," Nya sighed. "But whatever it was, he was in a lot of pain."

Wu glanced at Cole. "Cole," he began. Cole tensed as he rested his gaze on him. "Kai told you to help Lloyd before he went unconscious. Do you have any clue what he meant by that?"