08

The next few days of my life are an endless cycle. Eat, read, sleep, repeat. I ignore all texts and calls and never go upstairs, the sight of my own bed in which me and Isaac were sleeping in the night before was to much pain for my chest and heart to bear. On the Thursday of that week I was sitting down about to pick up my twelfth book to read when I heard keys in the door. I raise my head from the book and try ti think who it could be. 

"Hello?" I call out, I cant help but wince at how my voice sounds so monotone. 

"Malena?" The voice calls. My face grimaces. Stiles. Or the Nogitsune or whatever. 

I stand up and hold myself back from sprinting to the door to slap him right across his face when I hear Noah behind him. Stupid git was pretending to be Stiles. 

"Stiles? Noah? What are you guys doing here?" I ask in false surprise. When Noah isn't looking Stiles -the Nogitusne-  winks at me. I flinch hard and pretend to slap him and wipe the mug look off his face. 

"Hey Malena! Bought you some Chineses food and stuff. Me and Stiles were wondering if you could stay for dinner tonight?" Noah says cheerfully. 

Even though the idea of having the Nogitsune in my house I wasn't really in a position to say no. Besides, I enjoyed spending time with Noah. He was really sweet. 

"Of course!" I nod. "Let me just set the table up. Stiles can you help me?" I ask making my way to the place mat drawer.

"Sure." Stiles says. 

--

Once we're alone in the kitchen washing and drying dishes, since Noah's gone to get cokes from the supermarket, because I drank them all in the past four days, I turn to him. 

"What the hell are you doing here Stiles." I say. 

"What do you mean? " He says in mock confusion.

"Cut the crap. I know it's you. The Nogitusne. You got what you wanted, I know Isaac's cheating on me. What do you want?" I say, anger enforces my tone quite nicely. 

He sighs and puts down the tea towel he was drying the dishes with. " I really prefer it if you call me Void. Not the nogitsune, the name is just so broad." Void turns to me and almost seems nervous. " And I don't want anything else. We, Stiles and myself, care about you. We came to check you were alright." His tone surprises me, he's being...gentle? 

"Well I'm fine." I say turning away from him, he catches my hand. 

"If you ever need to talk to anyone we're here." Void pauses and his eyebrows press in concern. "Always." 

Once again with the nice-guy act. He releases my hand as Noah walks back in the door with a 6 pack of cokes, and we all sit down at the table to eat. 

--------

The next day I decide to show up to school to confront Ali and Isaac and then I'll return home and spend the weekend crying. For the first time in 5 days I pick up my phone and see I've been spammed with phone calls and texts from Isaac, Allison, Lydia, Scott and the 'pack' groupchat.  

You have (21) new notifications

You have (1) missed call from 'scotty-the-hot-girl' and they didn't leave a message.

You have (2) missed call from 'scarf-boy <3'  and they left  (1) new message. Dial 000 to listen.

Text Messages 

Lydiax <3 - today at 08.39am