35

ISABELLAS POV

Void held my hand and was dragging me to the car park off the school. He hadn't told me where we were going just that we were leaving. I smile at him as he looks back at me and smiles too. I mean it didn't take an idiot to figure out where he was taking me. He pulled me to his jeep and kissed me passionately. My fingers went to his hair as I smiled. He deepened the kiss and I gasped. 

Void pulled back from me and opened the door for me. "Let's get out of here." He says smiling. "I have a new place for us to stay so that we don't run into Malena again." He says I climb into the jeep. 

I let out a sigh. "Thank god. She's a real bitch." I say looking down at my nails. In front of me, Void's walk falters for a second as he looks at me and I raise an eyebrow and his face goes blank. "Coming?" I ask unsure what bought this on. 

He shakes it off and climbs into the seat next to me. He looks at me and smiles. "Buckle up." He says smirking. 

————

MALENAS POV

I look at Kira and then her mother. "No way."  I shake my head. "Nope. No way." 

Scott grabs my shoulder and turns me around so I'm facing him. He shakes his head once and I sigh and turn back to everyone else. 

"Kira, I need your help on this. There isn't much time, and this is something that needs to be done in the daylight." Mrs Yukimura says ignoring my comment completely. Kira sighs. 

"Not until you tell us everything," Kira says loyally. 

Kira's father looks at her mother and he sighs and grabs her hand. "Tell them, Noshiko-- tell them what they need to know." 

"Foxes and Wolves tend not to get along, and not just in fables and stories." Mrs Yukimura snips eyeing Scott up and down. 

"But allies, however unlikely, should be welcomed-- especially in times of war." Mr Yukimura says and he squeezes her hand. 

Mrs Yukimura sighs and she turns back to us. "It happened along long time ago.." 

————

Mrs Yukimura explains the whole story to us and I try to stop myself from interrupting but I can't even follow the story at this point. 

"Okay, stop. Just stop! We don't want to hear your Casablanca story-- we wanna know how to save Stiles!" Kira blurts out and it shocks me back to the conversation. 

"I'm trying to tell you-" Kira's mother starts but Scott interrupts her. 

"You're trying to stall. When the sun goes down, the Oni are gonna come after him again, aren't they?" Scott says and he almost looks pissed. 

'The oni?' I mouth to Kira and Kira shakes her head. 

"Your friend's gone, Scott." She says looking at him. He's about to respond but I interrupt. 

"I don't think you know that for sure," I say before Scott has the chance to interrupt. Mrs Yukimura looks at me and she offers me a cold smile. 

"You brought the Oni, can you call them off?" Scott asks desperately.

" It's not his fault." Kira counties and I nod my head in agreement. 

"It's definitely not his fault," I say.

"Stiles may be your best friend... He might be like a brother to you... But he is Nogitsune now. He is void." She says emphasizing the word. 

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. As if we didn't already know that. 

"Can you call them off?" Scott asks again. I turn to him and he is still looking at Mrs Yukimura. 

"When you hear the rest of the story, you won't want me to." She says looking at us all. 

————

Once she finishes explaining everything Scott and I sit down and look at each other. Kira's mother continues talking to Kira and I look at Scott and see the same fear reflected in his eyes that I can feel in my heart. 

"Surely we can save him," I whisper to Scott and he looks at me with a sad look. 

"You want to save Stiles? Kill him." Mrs Yukimura says hearing my comment.

"You agree with this?" Scott says asking Mr Yukimura and Mr Yukimura gives him a sympathetic look. 

"Sometimes, history does repeat itself, Scott." He says grimly to him.

"Not if you learn from it!" I protest and Mr Yukimura gives me a sympathetic look as well. 

"But sometimes, even then, fate conspires against you," He says and I sit back down and shake my head. 

"There's a way to save him. There has to be." I say determinedly. 

I stand up and I turn and leave the room. "I'm sorry," I say over my shoulder. "But I have to try." 

Scott follows me out and we go out to the car park. He turns to me and I resist the urge to start crying. Scott pulls me into a hug and I squeeze him. "There's so much going on. I-I don't know what to do." I say my voice shaking. 

Scott rubs my back. "I know. God, do I know." He says as he keeps me in a hug. 

I pull back from him and let out a laugh. "Look at us," I say sighing. "What do you think of that new girl Isabella? She's interesting, huh?" I ask sarcastically.

Scott's eyebrows furrow. "She's different." He says simply. "Not in like a 'good or bad' type of way, in a supernatural way." 

"No. No surely not I met her this weekend and there was nothing weird about her. Aside from her obvious dislike of me..." I say trailing off. "But she did somehow convince me to let her stay at my house which I was almost definitely not going to let happen." 

"That's. Different." Scott says confused. "Maybe I was wrong then. I thought I felt something but never mind. Come on let's go see if we can figure something out for Stiles. Because there is no way in hell that I am letting them kill Stiles." He says defiantly.

"Me either. There's no way at all." I agree. "We have to track him down first or maybe even go to Derek or Mr Argent." 

"Let's try and find Void first. Derek and Mr Argent can wait. We should have a chat with Isabella too. Ask her what she is." Scott says and he smiles at me. "Let's get Kira and then we can go." 

"Like she's going to tell us." I scoff. Scott smiles at me. 

"Maybe not you, but how could she resist a true alpha?" He asks smirking at me. 

————

ew. ew. ew. ew. ew. I'm so sorry for that chapter. I'm so so sorry. that was the most half-assed shitty thing I've ever written and I was watching gossip girl whilst writing this so I barely was paying attention.

im so sorry the next chapter will be so much better. 

thoughts? ————>