54

MALENAS POV

I fall against Void's chest and he catches me before I can stumble back too far. "Hey, you all right?" He murmurs quietly. 

I nod slowly and move back to my feet and turn to him. He's giving me a small smile with a pitying look hidden in his eyes. "I'm fine," I say nodding and wiping away the tears from my cheek. "I'm fine." I confirm again. 

Void smiles at me as he pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead. "Come on." He whispers and grabs my hand and I actually look around and see where we are. Void sees me looking and gives me an apologetic smile. "Your friends would look at your house first." 

He pulls me by hand up to the door of a small inn that I recognise driving past a few times when leaving Beacon Hills. The small open sign is hanging out the front and I smile a little. 

We stand at the front desk while a kind old lady goes to get the keys. I drum my fingers on the desk in a nervous manner. Void stays silent as the lady reenters the room. 

"Here you go, sweethearts." She says with a smile as she hands us the keys. 

"Thank you," I say with a grin as Void stays silent beside me. I roll my eyes at him as we walk up the steps to the room. 

I swing the door open and observe our room. It's quite spacious but I can't help but notice one small problem; there was only one bed. I cleared my throat as I walked across the room to see if there was another one of any kind but there wasn't. 

"There's only one-" I start but Void is sitting on one of the seats at the coffee table with a smirk on his face. "...bed." I finish. 

"You can ring the lady if you want, see if you can get the room next door." He says without breaking my gaze or his smirk and I nod awkwardly as I move to the phone and enter the * key to ring the front office. 

'Yes?' the lady asks.

"Hi, um I think there's been like a problem or something with our rooms, there's only one bed and I was um wondering if I could move to another one?" I ask trying not to stumble over my words too much but I hear Void let out a snicker. 

'Sorry deary, there's only one room available for use.' She replies and I furrow my eyebrows at that. 

"But there were all the spare keys behind the desk-" I start but the lady has already hung up on me. 

I look at the phone with a confused look as the dial tone starts. I turn back to Void who is still smiling at me. "So?" He asks cockily. 

I glare at him. "I'll take the floor." I saw with a grimace and Void rolls his eyes at me. 

"We're going to be here for a lot longer than a night love, and you are not taking the floor." Void says as he stands up. "Cmon Malena, an hour ago you were confessing your love for me to your friends and now you won't even sleep in the same bed as me?" 

I flush as I shake my head. "It's not that," I say avoiding his eyes. 

Void moves his hand forward and tilts my head towards his own so I have no choice but to meet his gaze. He tilts his head to the side and smirks at me. "Oh love, you're a terrible liar."

I feel myself gulp heavily as I smile a little. "Am I really?" I ask feigning innocence. 

I watch as Void's eyes flicker down to my lips as he licks his own and then moves his gaze back to mine, his hand still on my chin. "Mhm." He says still smirking. 

His head bends down a little and inches closer to my face. I lick my lips and Void's eyes move back to my lips again. I lift my own face closer to his own. "Void..." I murmur, my voice pleading.

"Void?!" A voice demands and Void and I jump apart and turn to the doorway, and there, in all her glory, is Isabella.  

Void looks at her and forces a smile. "What are you doing here?" He asks his voice strained. 

She scoffs. "Me?" She demands. "Me? You're the one here with the slut." She says sneering. 

Void is about to say something when I put a hand on his chest to stop him and take a step forward. "Excuse me?" I ask with a fake smile. 

Isabella uncrosses her arm from her chest and her body trembles once but doesn't move. "Y-you heard me." She stutters. 

"Oh sweetheart," I say with a smirk, and I feel the tug of anger than signifies my powers being visible and activated. My hands illuminate as I bring a palm up and demonstrate a single glowing purple orb or power as I turn to her. "I don't think I did." 

Isabella takes a shaky step back and glares at me. "Leave, leave and never return." She says, the power obvious in her tone when I knew what I was looking for. 

Void takes a step forward ignoring my sound of protest. "You know what? You leave you never return because as far as I'm fucking concerned you are getting on my damn nerves." He says through gritted teeth. 

Isabella looks at him, shocked almost. "You love me!" She says her tone desperate and commanding. 

"No. I. Don't." Void says forcefully. 

"But you slept with me!" She says stomping her foot and Void tenses at that. 

"You made me..." He says as though it's finally hitting him. "You made me!" He yells and Isabella takes a step back. "It's a good thing I'm not letting Malena rip your fucking throat out right now because that's called sexual assault, and it's fucking illegal." His glare is so heavy Isabella lets out a whimper. 

"She sexually assaulted you?" I ask as I look at Void, my voice is soft. 

Void turns to me with a tight smile. "Yes." He snips.

In the next second Isabella is slammed against the wall and is coughing as she hands 4 feet in the air. She has her hands around her throat, fighting at an invisible force, and I take another step towards her and turn my hand left so it becomes even harder for her to breathe. 

"I should've done this a long time ago." I ground out and Isabella is choking too much to respond. 

Void's hand lands on my shoulder and I turn to him expecting him to reprime me, but he doesn't. If anything he's looking at me with a proud expression. 

I turn back to her and smile as I turn my hand further and she goes limp against the wall, I realise my power quickly and hear a thump as she hits the ground. I turn to Void with a smile. "All done," I say smiling. 

— — — —

so. idk how to feel about this one. 

but GOD and I'm glad Isabella is dead, I've been trying to find a way to work it into the plot for a while now and i don't really like how i executed it but meh. 

also obviously the book isn't ending next chapter still has maybe 2-3 chapters left. sorry. 

thoughts on the chapter? — — — —>

a void in the heart - void stiles¹जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें