44

MALENAS POV

My mind tumbles back to consciousness and I let out a gasp as I open my eyes. Blinking rapidly I turn around to look at Scott. "Did it work?" He asks quickly and I look at Void who is still slumped forward. 

"What happened?" Lydia asked looking at Void with concern.

"Why didn't it work?" I ask turning to Peter accusingly. 

"Because it's not science Malena. It's the supernatural." Peter says eyeing me with dislike.

Peter turns to Lydia and whispers something to her and she looks stricken.

"What name?" Scott asks with his supernatural hearing. "What are you talking about?" 

"Lydia, a deal's a deal. Even with me." Peter murmurs as he grabs her arm and Lydia turns away from us.

Lydia mutters something that I can't hear and behind me, I hear a gasp and I turn around to see Void falling forward and riping at the tape on his mouth. He chokes and begins to pull out what looks like a bandage from his mouth and splutters as he drags it out. I gasp at the length of it, it was a good meter or two long.

He sits back coughing and Scott runs to hold him back but then the bandages form what looks like a mummified head and Scott pushed Void away and moves to the pile. 

I examine the pile closely and I let out a gasp. "Wait!" I yell out and rush forward brushing the bandage away.

From beneath it, there's a face and Peter pulls me away from the pile to where Lydia is standing I look at her and she's as focused on the pile as Scott is. I move around her some I'm closer to the door and I look up and see Void moving towards me.

I look at him wide-eyed as I try to say something and he shakes his head and covers my mouth, grabs my arm and he pulls me out the door before I can say anything and he dematerialised from beside me dragging my body and mind along with him.

— — — —

"You complete fucking ass!" I hiss at Void as I turn to him. 

He's sitting on a set of stone stairs with a smirk. "Jeez Malena, language." Void says mockingly.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask him, my blood boiling with rage. I look around at our new setting and turn back to him. "Are we in the fucking sewers?"

Void smiles at me and stands up. I take a step back and he pauses. "If I had known you were going to react like this I would've taken Lydia instead." He murmurs under his breath as he turns around.

I blink at him, confusion taking over the anger. "Taken?" I ask slowly. 

Void rubs his hand over his face and looks at me with a sarcastic look. "What, did you think we were going on a nice pleasant date?" 

I glower at him. "Well, I wasn't expecting to be kidnapped by anyone." I hiss at him and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm sorry, here's the clarification. I'm kidnapping you."He says throwing his arms up as he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Bullshit. I could leave easily." I say coldly.

Void leans against the wall with a knowing smirk, "please, go ahead." 

I turn around and walk away from him and reach a steel gate. I try to move the gate but it's locked shut. I close my eyes and try and focus on breaking the lock. 

"Yea, no that's not going to work here." Void chimes in from behind me.

I spin on my heel, "what do you mean?" I ask hurriedly and Void smirks again.

"Sweetheart, you really think I would've bought you somewhere where you could escape with a snap of your fingers?" he lets out a faint chuckle. "Seriously Malena, you're supposed to be the smart one." 

I feel my face flush and I turn back to the gate. I lean my forehead against the gate and I breathe out slowly. From behind me, I hear a scream and I jump up quickly and turn to Void, who's still leaning against the wall with no sign of anguish.

"You can hear them, can't you?" Void says with a smile. 

I look at him confused as I hear another scream, this one sounding closer than the last. 

"Louder than usual, isn't it? Well, that's because a lot of bad things happened down here." He says in a soft voice. 

"What are you-" I begin to ask but then I hear another scream so loud it feels as though it was shouted in my ear. I fall to my knees in pain as Void kneels down in front of me as I try to cover my ears.

"See that's the problem when you're a chimera. You have double the power but double the weakness." He says softly as he moves my chin up to face him. He smiles at me before letting go of me to return to his seat on the step. 

'He's going to die' Someone whispers in my ear. I sit up with my hands still covering my ears and look around. 'They're all going to die. It's all your fault.' 

Void looks at me with an inkling of curiosity. "What are the voices telling you? Are they saying that Stiles is dying?"

'He will. They all will.' The voice says again and I bend over and bury my face in my lap.

"He is, you know. He's dying." Void says his voice sounding unusually cheerful. 

"Then what do you need me for?" I pant as I try to ignore the screams. "You think I can tell you something?" 

Void leans back slightly as he smiles at me. "Oh, I know you can." He says with a light chuckle. 

I shake my head as I look up at him. "I won't. I won't tell you anything." I sneer at him, honestly, how could I have wanted to kiss this piece of shit. That choice was almost as bad as thinking Isaac wasn't cheating on me.

Almost.

Void moves closer to me and crouches down so I can feel his lips brushing my ear. "You won't have to. You'll be screaming." He whispers softly as lets his lips linger close to my ear. 

I rock forward as I hear another scream, this time it's followed by my own.

— — — —

material girl, am i right?

guys, it's happened. We're on the second to last episode of season 3.

i am honestly in complete awe of the fact that somehow, you guys have managed to make my book hit 14k? you guys have no idea how much this means to me. I literally don't know what I'm going to do with life when i finish writing this 😭.

here is a summary of malenas powers for those of you who missed it on my story!

banshee (powers are weaker and seen/used less):- clairaudience - death sense- sound divination (the ability to of using sound vibrations to trigger ability)- psychometry (the ability to discover facts about an event by touching an object) - banshee scream (announcing death, promotion enhancement)- premonition (astral premonitions) - concussive force - supernatural immunity and sensitivity witch:- telekinesis - fire manipulation - the ability to read minds- mind control - supernatural immunity and sensitivity - supernatural strength - eyes turn purple

she fits into the supernatural as a witch, banshee but overall as a chimera :)

Ngl i don't understand half of the banshee stuff but we're gonna roll with it. I will try and incorporate her powers more into the book so I'll rewrite a few chapters because it was sort of like boom she's a banshee with no hints at all. in before the void they will be more evident :)

thoughts on the chapter?— — — —>