Eat My Nos

Jocelyn made sure to keep Sadie inside of the house as she walked around the side of the house. What she found made her jump in surprise?

'What the hell, Brian?!' She yelled as he walked over to her dressed in his street clothes. Usually, he'd be wearing a nice suit or his uniform when he stopped by. 'Where's your charm, lover boy?' Jocelyn hugged him tightly as she asked. He smiled his adorable, cheeky grin.

Chevy began to bark playfully as he seemed to spot his old friend. The big softie began to lick Brian's hands as the "officer" tried to scratch his head. Jocelyn led him over to the back door so he could enter the house and say Hi.

'Sadie, this is Brian O'Conner. He is an old friend of mine and your dad's. Brian, this is Mercedes.' Jocelyn introduced them formally as Scott took the liberty of cleaning the kitchen. 'And that beautiful man over there is Scott Verne, my best friend. You remember him, Brian?' The two men shared a sort of nod when introduced but there was a shadow of some semblance that passed between them.

Brian started having a conversation with Sadie who wanted to know how he knew her dad. Jocelyn let Chevy in so he can have finish his breakfast and chill out on his doggy couch. She helped Scott as he finished up and thanked him for his amazing help.

'Joce, can I speak with you in private?' Brian asked. Scott lifted a brow as if that was highly unusual which it wasn't. Jocelyn nodded before leading Sadie into the living room and letting Scott do his own thing. 'We have a Den area this way.' She took his hand and led him into the den with its huge fireplace, comfy couches, and amazing authentic paintings.

Brian looked like he had something very important to say. Jocelyn stared at him in hopes of reading his face which almost always held his emotions. She could read him like a book even when they were kids.

'I'm undercover right now, Joce. My name is Brian Earl Spilner, not O'Conner. This can compromise my position, but I know I can trust you. We have known each other since the beginning of our time, except I'm still 3 years older.' He teased after his serious tone slipped away. Jocelyn smirked at his dorky comment that he used to tease her about since forever. 'Okay, Mr. Spilner. You realize you sound like a freaking serial killer with that name. They couldn't have given you a better name like Sparky. Here boy!' Jocelyn burst out laughing as he gave her the evil eye.

She couldn't remember the last time they had seen each other, but she could remember all of their best times. Jocelyn used to love this boy like more than a friend but it soon died as she saw how he fell so deeply and blindly without going through the motions. Jocelyn learned the hard way that love wasn't flowers and candy on a beautiful day. She stopped laughing and thinking so deeply as she noticed his shirt.

'You work at a garage, Bri? Think you could hook me up. I mean, I can pay but ever since the cops busted us. They have been watching out for me.' Jocelyn lowered her voice as she began to talk about her illegal racing activities. She used to do it a lot as a teen which led to her brother and a couple of their friends going to Juvie. 'I need to get back in the game, Bri. The adrenaline, the rush, and the cheering of the crowd was always my home. My heart is in racing and the cash is a bonus. Please for me, baby blue.'

The woman sure knew how to turn up the charm as she smiled widely to show off her pearly whites. The small dimple in each cheek added a more finer finesse that had Brian hook, line, and sinker. She caressed his cheek as she realized that he had fallen for her tricks again.

When he finally broke from her spell, she kissed him softly on his lips. Brian was surprised yet giddy for the small taste of having some piece of Jocelyn. She'd done a lot for him over the years and this wasn't something to sneeze about. Cars were expensive, fast cars were ridiculously high priced, and Jocelyn could make her cars at least 6-8seconds.

'When I help you out, will you help me get back into the game? I have gotten a little rusty over the years. Think you can do it!' Brian had that glint that was excited and ready. Jocelyn loved him for that. He was always up for the challenge, no matter how stupid or crazy. 'Give me what I want and I'll give you a little something more.' She winked for emphasis as he extended a hand for her to shake.

A loud crash came from the kitchen as Jocelyn and Brian headed back. She ran ahead in wonder but Brian tried to hold her back. When she entered the kitchen, Joshua was there holding a gun at Scott.

'Don't do that, Josh. If you do, then you'll never be able to run from this. I will literally hunt you down and kill you my damn self if you hurt my friend.' Jocelyn threatened as she stepped closer. She peeked into the living room to see Sadie's wide eyes staring back. Jocelyn put a finger up to her lips before turning back to Joshua and Scott. 'Well, what did you expect? Joce, they know that I told you something. I have nothing to live for right now. They kidnapped Meeka and Terry.' He looked sickened as his chest heaved from the adrenaline.

Brian stepped in front of Jocelyn as he saw her come forth even more. 'Josh, this is a idea that will ruin your life.' He pleaded to the crazed man. Joshua looked like a deer caught in headlights when he spotted his old friend. 'You brought a cop into this. Brian of all people.' Jocelyn shook her head slowly as she felt Brian's hands on hers. He wrapped them around his middle and brought her closer.

The phone rang. No one moved. Jocelyn let it ring as she glared at Joshua. He was ruining everything for her.

'He can help you, dumb ass. Get your family back and protect them. A life for a life, remember? Isn't that what you told me the other night?' Jocelyn quoted him. He shrugged as if that mattered as much as him being friends with Brian. She told him to put the gun down and let someone help him. 'If you end your life, then you won't find Meeka and Terry. If you kill any of us, then you will be behind bars and someone will find away to kill you from inside. You are safer here, then in there.' Joshua looked distressed and weak like when he was little and searching for a new lie to put out.

Brian stepped forward with his eyes pleading the young lost man to put the gun down but as he did, Joshua raised the gun to him. Brian took a step back as Jocelyn watched in horror as a stupid mistake would end her best friend's life. 'Don't be stupid, Bri. This is between me and Josh. Right, Josh?' Jocelyn asked with a teary smile. She would do anything to stop this madness. Even if it meant ending her own life...

'Come take a walk with me...'