1 Mistake

Jocelyn laid the gun on the table after emptying the clip. She sighed as she pulled off her glasses that she used when using tools like a electric saw. Her eyes landed on Dominic as he watched her movements closely.

She tilted her head towards the door leading into the garage's office. Dominic nodded as he followed her lead. Joce didn't bother with closing the door as she stared at the photos littering the tack board.

'She's something else. But she is loyal and fierce and smart. Kind of like me.' Joce explained her friend to the tall, muscled man. He smirked at her description. Skylar was something alright. 'I'd like to see that for myself. I like to think that actions speak louder than words.'

Jocelyn bit back a smile as she remembered their kiss.

'So that kiss? Was it you telling me that we were more than friends? We barely know each other, Dom.' She finally used the name that everyone that this man trusted used. Her ears seemed to notice because they rang for a moment.

He shrugged with nonchalance before stepping up to where she sat on top of the desk.

Her face burned with excitement. He was so close. She felt her hands began to shake with the need to reach out and grasp him. Feel his muscles and skin. Everything he was, was magical.

'Um, I think we should get back. That kiss was just heat of the moment, right? I need a drink.' Jocelyn kept him at a distance as she crossed the room. This was the best way. She couldn't get hurt if she didn't give in to the security that Dom offered. 'Brian's lucky to have you, but me and you... We can never happen.' Her heart hurt when she spoke those words but she was damaged goods.

Dominic wanted to speak out and stop the madness. Who was she kidding? He was something she yearned for, but she didn't know it yet. Dom would make her understand that she needed him just as much as he needed her.

Brian watched the change in atmosphere between his best friend and his teammate. Jocelyn had never looked so lost in her life while Dom looked ready to drown himself in liquor and find some adrenaline. They were 'adrenaline junkies' made for one another.

He tried to hold her close as soon as she slid next to him. Jocelyn was never vulnerable, weak, or out of character like this but...

Dom and his team looked ready to go and when Vince finally shouted his annoyance at being still for so long.

Jocelyn and everyone got into their car with walkie-talkies and weapons ready. She was flanked by Brian and Dom as they followed her in a migrating geese formation. Her eyes scanned the darkening area for anything that could possibly delay their plans.

After making it to their location, Joce hurried inside the building and removed the last of the money but...

There was a woman dressed in black. She smiled at Joce as she stepped out of the shadows with a gun in her right hand. This caused Jocelyn's heart to race.

'Miss Reyes, nice to finally meet the Bitxh that stole what belongs to me and my husband. Mostly me, but you get the point.' The woman hissed as she raised the gun with an eerily scary smile. Joce stared at the gun with a sad sense of de ja vu. Her life was turning into guns in her face. 'I didn't steal anything that didn't belong to me.'

An alarm went off leaving them in darkness while red lights flashed and a siren sounded loudly. Jocelyn ran forward as the woman was momentarily shocked and kicked her in the stomach. A stiletto in the stomach isn't so nice a feeling. Her groan was followed by a stream of curses.

When Joce turned to run out the emergency exit, she was grabbed around the ankle and forced to faceplant. She flipped over for deep gulps of breath and to kick off the crazy lady. A gun as once again pointed at her face and she raised her hands in surrender.

The lady grabbed the bag as she licked the corner of her split lip. Joce wanted to see if she would shoot her or turn and leave. It almost looked like she would until she turned and cocked the gun. Now Joce was really worried.

'Any last words, Barbie?!' Benny's wife questioned over the siren.

Joce just closed her eyes and a shot ran out loudly.