Jovanni's Return

He slumped on the wall as soon as he was thrown out of the car. They had dropped him off as harshly as they could before leaving his broken body to fend for itself. Jovanni breathed as best as possible.

'There he is. Do we take him to the hospital?' A female's voice broke his thoughts of utter pain.

A familiar face walked up to him and he started grinning. He couldn't bring himself to joke about seeing the man after allghese years. Brian saw the severity of the situation.

'Come on, Jovan. You look like you've been to He'll and back. Man, how did you get them to let you come back?' Brian teased as he picked up the man carefully with the help of Dominic.

Mia Toretto, Dom's younger sister, helped open the car door for him. She got in beside him to cradle his head. Brian smiled down at her caring gestures. He had chosen a great girl someone that Jocelyn would be proud to call a sister.

'Hey Blue Bunny, can we go now?' Jovan finally spoke up.

They all got out of their as fast as possible.

The drive to Dom's place was quiet as Jovanni rested and the group carefully watched him. He had just returned with injuries unknown to any of them. What if he closed his eyes and never opened them?

Brian told Mia to check up on Letty and Sadie while he put Jovanni in a bed for the night. She did her part as he settled for the help from Dom who had been a little too quiet while all this was happening.

'She did something, didn't she? Do you think he knows?' Domini finally asked after putting the sleeping man in a bed. He watched Brian's face closely for anything. 'I honestly don't know but I believe that whatever she did worked. But if she doesn't get here by sundown. We need to check up on Benny and his men.'

--

'Daddy, daddy! You came back for me.' Sadie cheerfully bounced in place as she watched her dad wake up. He smiled widely at seeing his daughter. She had been only three years old when he had "died". 'I wasn't going anywhere for long, Princess.' Jovanni hugged and kissed her while she giggled cutely.

She seemed to get sad.

'Where's Mommy? She didn't come back. I need her to comb my hair.' Sadie grabbed at her fuzzy hair which was now tied back with a ribbon. 'I miss her and so does Chevy.'

Said dog ran into the room after hearing its name and barked loudly. Jovanni cursed loudly as the crazy dog hopped on him. He was in pain already but the meds he had taken when Brian had came in earlier were working.

'Where is she, Jo? I found her car but not her.' Brian rushed in with Dom at his side. They both stared at him. The air was filled with so much tension that if Jovanni told them this, they'd explode.

'She's with Benny. He said he would take her life because of his wife and a trade to mine. I couldn't fight for her. I'm too weak.' Jovanni pushed aside the guilt, hurt, and pain to let those words come out.