Stories Told

Jocelyn woke up in the comfort of her bed, but she barely felt better than before she fainted. Her head was scalding and it felt like something was crawling over her skin. She jumped up in a panic to rid of these bad feelings.

'Wha- huh? Dom?!' She stopped just as she heard the man's rough voice speak softly to her.

'Calm down, Joce. You passed out and it seems like you have a fever... Do you want me to get Mia? She's better at caring for stuff like this then I am.' Dom ran a hand over his neck as he turned to the door. Joce stopped him with a hand on his arm.

'No, um don't get Mia. You can be my doctor for now... I don't mind.' Joce whispered sort of embarrassed to admit that. They were, after all, in the courting stage of their relationship. 'Besides, I don't want to snuggle with Mia.'

Dom forgot about what was going on and what was said when Joce looked up at him with her big, hazel eyes. He moved to the bed and was about to sit down when a knock on the door broke the spell.

'Dom, Joce, stop doing the nasty and come help us with this party. It is, after all, your house.' Brian winked as he spotted Dom trying to straighten up from his crouched position.

Joce flipped him off before going into the bathroom to decide if she wanted to take some fever relief pills or not. Maybe not, since she could be in the early stages of pregnancy.

'Are you feeling well enough to go enjoy this party? You could always resche--' Dom was abruptly interrupted by a soft, lingering warm kiss on his lips by Joce.

She smiled at his dazed look before lacing their fingers together and pulling him out of the room.

'Dom, I'm fine. But later, do you want to be my painkiller?'

The silence that followed her question was all she got as an answer before Dom threw her over his shoulder.

They joined the party with everyone hugging Joce and admiring her taste in decorating. It was a mix between hip\artistic\chill. Everything fit so perfectly though and it had some features that reminded everyone that yes, Joce was a racer at heart.

'So why does my daughter keep asking me when you and Uncle Dom are getting married?' Jovanni asked as he handed Joce a beer which she handed to someone walking by which happened to be Roman. 'You haven't drunk one beer since we started. Does that mean something more than you are showing?'

Joce rolled her eyes.

'I quit being the 'sloppy drunk' after opening my eyes up to parenthood. You know that, JoJo.' Joce made an excuse as she reached for a bowl of chips and dip that Letty had finally put down.

As she devoured nearly half the bowl, Jovanni and Dom were obviously conspiring against her. She noticed finally as Jovanni gave Dom one of those brotherly hugs and smiled a wicked smile. He did those when he was being a pain in the ass.

Joce was interrupted by Letty. The other girl who once had eyes on Dom was staring up at her with a calculating stare. Like she was trying to figure her out.

'What's up, Letty?'

'How's Dom? I mean, I know only what I see when he's in the streets racing but how does he feel mentally.' Letty tried to question her without trying to pry too much. Joce raised a brow before putting down the chips. 'Well, I think he's trying to slow down on the racing and we had a rocky start so he might have some insecurities about that.'

Letty nodded like that was only understandable. Joce leaned over to place a hand on Letty's shoulder. She didn't have hard feelings towards Letty plus they were family now.

'He's a good man, I just... It's really nice knowing that he has you. The care you show him is amazing and he deserves it more than he knows. His heart is the biggest.' Letty said and Roman walked over to put his arms on both their shoulders.

'Who has the biggest? You haven't even seen all of ours yet? Letty?! Joce?!' Roman was being crazy just as Letty and Joce walked off with him calling their names.

After the party, Joce threw away each can of beer with a bittersweet feeling.
'Here, for you. I always have one for emergencies...in my purse. Don't tell Brian, though.' Mia handed her a box wrapped in a plastic bag.

Joce raised a brow in question but the only answer she got was Mia's smile and a wave goodbye.

'What about that painkiller, huh?' Dom reminded Joce. She finished cleaning then went to check on Sadie.

'In a minute, okay.' She tucked in the little girl all tired out and snuck into the guest bathroom to open up the bag.

Mia gave her a test.

No hesitation, Joce was taking the test and literally freaking out after she left it on the sink to keep her promise to Dom.

When Dom had fallen asleep, Joce snuck back downstairs to check the test.

She didn't know whether to feel relief or sadness, but something was there.

Cliffhanger?!?