Shot For Me

'Do you need this now, Boss?' One of Benny's men asked.

He must have said no because Jocelyn's bag was pulled off. She looked around with heavy eyes as the inside of a barely lit warehouse became a sudden view. Her eyes watered from the feeble use of them while they were in the bag.

'Bring him out!' Benny yelled.

The stumbling of someone's feet on the concrete broke Jocelyn's concentration. She whimpered softly as they yanked her hair back. Her eyes frantically searched for some sign of her brother.

Where was he?

'Joce, what is she doing here? You told me that my sister would never be harmed. Liar!!!' Jovanni hissed even as his eyes barely assessed the fear in his sister's eyes. For him, maybe. But she deserved no part of this.

Benny tsked again like he had before with Jocelyn.

'Sorry Big Bro, but Jocie decided that a life for a life was a very honorable code to live by. So yours and my wife's for hers. Now that sounds so damn reasonable to me...' Benny watched as Jovanni started to struggle against the men holding him. He shook his head as he made eyes contact with them.

They threw him to the floor and kicked him in the stomach. Jocelyn's screams filled the warehouse. She was heated. This wasn't the deal.

'Go ahead, let him go! I'm all yours, Benny. Please just let Jovanni go.' Jocelyn's trembling chin was enough to make any man break. But this was a heartless bastard. He held her chin in his hand and kissed her cheek. 'Please, just please...'

Benny turned to his bodyguards. They released Jovanni from his torture and undid the binds on his hands. He was too bruised and battered to fight back. The floor was cold and dirty but his body was too sore to even lift him up.

'Clean him up and drop him off at their garage.' Benny instructed as he watched Jocelyn buck in the arms of his men. She looked like she wanted to be the one to care for her brother and make sure he got safely home. But Benny had plans for her...

--

Jocelyn woke up with a huge headache. She felt lightheaded and suddenly all the memories floated in. Her eyes were tired of crying because last night she had cried a river, an ocean, and all the lakes in the world.

A voice traveled from somewhere on the wall. She whipped around for the source. It was an intercom across the room by the bedroom door.

Bedroom door?!

Jocelyn looked down and saw she was inside of a King's Suite with silk pajamas on and there was a ring on her hand. She pulled it off and saw the diamonds sparkling. A flash of recognition had her clutching it to her chest.

How did he do this?

'Loving your engagement ring, I see?' Benny asked as he poured two flutes of champagne.

The frustrated woman glared at him as she silently prayed for him to drop dead. This was fucking stupid. Why did he need her when he had so many whores to choose from?

'Why am I here, Benny? What's the game plan? I, what, I take the place of your wife? That would never work. I will never marry your sorry ass even if you had a gun to my head.' Jocelyn fumed angrily as she watched him cross the room to watch her.

Benny nodded as he swallowed whole on flute of champagne without even offering he downed the second one. He chuckled darkly. That had been his thought but not his end game.

'No sweetie, I just wanted you to have some piece of your broken family. Me, oh I'm fine, but you'll need all the love you can get.' Benny's words made Jocelyn shut down. He was right, essentially.

Her family gave her life.

But they wouldn't let her stay here forever with this monster.

Would they?