My Family

'Come take a walk with me...'

These words got him going. He turned the gun directly to Jocelyn as Brian almost snatched her back. The smile Joshua wore on his face was sneaky.

'You heard her, Brian. Come on, Joce. I would have been worried if you'd said 'Come take a ride with me.' Joshua seemed not to fond of Jocelyn and her driving. Joce smirked as she stepped through the sliding doors with her hands raised. Brian was trying really hard not to break from the silence he had and grab Joce. 'We just need a minute, ladies and gents.'

After being hidden by the bushes, Joce spun around to glare at Joshua. She was sick of his games. He had been her brother's downfall, but she knew better than to fall for his dirty games.

'You are going to regret ever pulling a gun on me, Josh. And from what you know about me, I don't do threats.' Joce folded her arms in anger because her hands just wanted to reach out and choke the life out of him. Joshua turned serious. 'If you keep making promises like that, what type of example would you be setting for little Sadie? Does she know I'm the one who made her an orphan?' Jocelyn hissed at his courage. He was crossing the line and it was so thin right now.

She just wanted him to get it over with, but he kept looking over his head like there was something. Joce glanced back and saw black trucks descending the huge hill beside her home. She turned around to see Joshua with his shit eating grin but also Brian holding her gun.

Joce nodded at him as she tilted her head to the right. Brian got the cue. She took the leap into the bushes and heard the gunshot. It created an adrenaline rush so great that Jocelyn kicked into gear at that moment.

'Get them out of that house! Joshua brought Benny into this. We have got to go somewhere safe.' Jocelyn hurried to get her niece out of the house. This scene was about to get ugly in less than twenty minutes. Benny didn't do survivors. 'Bri, I need you to take my car and drive them somewhere safe. I will find you in less than eight hours. My head is being hunted and I don't appreciate that.' Joce had seen Joshua's body lying dead when she had ran past but to think that she was about to dust off those skills of hers. It gave her chills.

She hugged Sadie close before clasping the little girl's seatbelt. 'Be good for Uncle Brian and Scott. I love you, Sadie-girl. I'll be back for you. Watch out for Chevy, he gets upset stomach after driving for a long time in the car.' Sadie looked happy to oblige everything her aunt spoke to her. She saw it as an adventure and not a bad thing.

Brian handed her back her gun and gave her the look. Jocelyn just chuckled softly as she placed a brief kiss on his lips. It wasn't a kiss goodbye, just one to promise that they would see each other soon. Brian held her close for a moment before he hopped in and took off in no particular direction.

Jocelyn breathed deeply as she remembered the box in her kitchen. She needed it if she was going to survive the next 24 hours. Her keys were in that box.

Just seconds before she stepped out of the for, Jocelyn heard a whizzing sound. Her eyes must be deceiving her because a big ass missile was not about to hit her home. It was an illusion, right? Nope, so Joce jumped down near her neighbor's fence and crawled to the opposite side of the house.

An explosion caused her whole body to shake and her ears to ring.

Debris flew everywhere. Did she just lose her home for the second time in her life?

This was WAR.

Racing was one thing, but her Family always was number one in her life. She was tired of picking up and starting over. This was her fight now and she was sure as hell going to finish it.