Dom's Surprise

So the family has settled into a new routine that they all never complain about.
Jocelyn cooks breakfast with the help of Mia or Letty and they all sit down to discuss their plans for the day. Dom smiles at Joce as if they share some secret before he heads down to the garage. Brian and Jovanni take a 30 minute run before they start their day.

Leon, Jesse, and Vince go to the garage early to check the stock. So Dom always brings them their food.

And Sadie, well she wakes up snuggled up with Chevy who cannot sleep without licking someone's face. Her aunt's arms were warm the night before and even warmer as they wake her.

'Nice day. I wish I could do something besides study at the library.' Mia huffed as she saw Sadie in Joce's arms. The scene was too cute. She wished that one day she would be a mother. 'Bye, Sweet Sadie. See ya later, Joce.'

Sadie has her breakfast of her favorite cereal while Jocelyn skims through the newspaper in search of a new home. They are grateful for the space but they need their own. The Toretto's party too much even though it's basically weekends.

'How about three bedrooms and two baths with a jacuzzi tub and pool?' Joce asked aloud as she showed her niece the house. It was pretty but it was too far.

They both pointed to a pretty house with a great view of the mountains. It was a ranch home that they both always wanted. There was a huge field, huge backyard, huge rooms. It was perfect and only cost $80,000.

'We have found our new home.' Joce cheered as she reached for the phone.

'I thought this was your home.' A husky voice broke Joce's thought process. She dropped the phone back to the counter.

'This is a great home, but I need the space to raise Sadie. We love this house and everyone in it, but this is for us. I'm sure you can understand that.' The explanation was short and exactly what he expected.

She wasn't his to force to stay. Even if she was, Jocelyn was independent and stubborn. He felt proud to know she wasn't the type to force a man to go out and get whatever SHE wanted because she did it for herself.

'Okay then.' Dom grabbed an apple and bit into while Joce squinted. This wasn't the man that bombarded her every Monday through Friday for some crappy food.

He walked out just as she mentally screamed What?! It was like she was looking for a reason to get rid of him. He had just told her okay.

'He said okay then.' Joce said.

'Yeah, are your ears messed up, Mommy? I heard him just fine.' Sadie's innocent face was confused.

Joce rolled her eyes and went back to calling the real estate agent.

After breakfast, everyone gathered in the garage with their tools. Brian finishing up his Supra and Dom working on the 'Black Stallion'. It was funny how everyone seemed to know their place even Jovanni who was still clutching his back now and then.

Jocelyn decided to call up her old buddies in the police department. She needed their protection from a certain psycho boss man. He would threaten her family and she wasn't having it.

'Romney, can you keep an eye on Benny's group? I know how it is... I'll have whatever amount you want in your account Tuesday morning.' Jocelyn kept her voice low as she paced the sitting room with anxious hands tapping her leg. She could keep this a secret but it would be hard.

Dominic suspected something was up with her when she brought him a Corona and wasn't smiling like usual. He grabbed her by the wrist and gently pulled her over to his car. She gave him a look before getting inside.

It was her faith in him that made Dom want to shout how much he loved her, but it was way too soon. He needed to give her breathing room. She deserved to choose what life that she should live for the rest of her life.

'So a nice drive along the beach is your definition of a date? I would have expected this from Vincent.' Jocelyn seemed to be preoccupied because her teasing was a bit off.

Dom pulled over once he saw that she was chewing her bottom lip like the last time they dealt with Benny. It was fear that was keeping her from talking to him. He needed her to understand that he was here whenever, wherever, whatever the situation.

'Do you want to walk? We could for a few minutes before we get back. I know you need to clear your head.' He explained when she stared at him with those eyes. The eyes that tried to make him believe in something more.

Jocelyn let the breeze and the feel of the sand take away her stress. She had let Dom come along with her as a way to have another outlet if this didn't work. He was currently holding her hand and trying to read her face.

'Do you trust me, Dom?' She suddenly asked.

'More than you know.' He replied.

'Let me go... Not forever but I need to go clear my head and get this under control. I have too many enemies to consider.' Joce felt the tears well up before they spilled over and rolled down her cheeks.

Dom wasn't having it. He swiped them away with the pads of his thumb and kissed her cheek.

This was what he had been dreading. The feeling of loss. She wasn't gone but soon she would be. He couldn't stop her only hope that she would return.

'Come back to me. I need you to help me keep these crazy kids in check.' Dom could get emotional but never too emotional and that was okay.

She smiled through the tears and felt his forehead against hers as she slipped her arms around his neck to hold him close.

'Promise. If you give me one thing...' She whispered.

He looked down at her. Ready for whatever she dished out.

Her lips molded to his as she caught him in a passionate kiss that screamed all of their feelings. She dragged him down to the sand and continued to cause him to melt. He could only caress her smooth skin and bite her seductive lips.

Then they consummated their relationship...