WAR Means WAR

She stood up shakily as her body felt tired and broken from the force of the explosion pushing her to the concrete ground. Blood from when she bit her tongue was spat out as she strutted towards the road. She needed to see them and their cars.

To remember.

They were leaving one by one in black trucks with a red symbol on the left side of their car door. She made sure they didn't see her as she lifted the box and found Brian's car. He had parked across the street.

Jocelyn checked her appearance and saw it wasn't so bad except the scratches and cuts across her cheek. She started up the car and hearing the engine purr softly made her smile. Brian and his imported cars.

'Ready bastards.' She hissed out loud as she threw the car in drive and flew down the street onto the nearest highway.

Her first stop.

Jovan's Garage.

'Look who decided to show up.' A skinny white kid with a skater look rolled up on Jocelyn with his hand extended. She shook it and even gave him a smile. 'Rocky, what have you been up to? Haven't been racing I know?' Joce teased as she pointed to the black cast on his right leg. He playfully pushed her.

They walked inside as Rocky called out to whoever had been there. A few heads shot out from underneath cars and excited chatter could be heard. Jocelyn felt that feeling of welcome. It had always been here all she had to do was look back in her rearview mirror.

'Say Sparks, you got my baby running yet?' Joce asked a man who had surfaced from a black Impala to take a sip of his beer. She pulled a Corona from the ice bucket and took a chug after flipping the cap. 'Are you seriously asking me this, Junior? I put you and your silly ass brother in the game. Don't doubt my skills!' The oil stained man tilted his head to a car covered by a red cover.

Jocelyn took several more sips of her beer before walking over to it. She slowly slipped the cover off to reveal her prized possession, a dark wine red 1970 Plymouth 426 Hemi 'Cuda. She felt like it was alive underneath her fingertips. This car had been her first and would be her last ride.

'Your dad would have been proud to see what you have become.' Sparks watched the exchange between her and the car. She smiled sadly at the memory of her father. 'He would tell me to ride it out, but if he knew...'

Jocelyn stepped in abruptly and found the key in the ignition. She twisted the key. Her baby came to life. She came to life in that moment. Her hands shook with excitement.

'This one's for you, Papí.' Jocelyn whispered as she listened to the rumble of her engine while her foot pressed the gas. The tires squealed, ready to go. Her hands finally shifted into drive after the garage doors lifted.

Her eyes were dry and the fear that she had at 16 was gone.

Jocelyn stopped at a fork in the road. No cars were on this road. It was the perfect place.

She opened the box.

A pair of keys fell into her hands. She needed to get everything from her safe house. It would be surrounded by Benny's men, but she had to go.

Her eyes peered into the rearview mirror and she could have sworn she saw her father smiling back at her from the backseat. She almost looked back. Her mind was playing tricks on her.

Joce hurried to the house in a low-key manner. She wanted to avoid the police. The first thing she did was open her garage door to scoot around some boxes until she opened the secure hatch underneath the floors.

'Damn, this place needs a maid.' She wiped dirt off her arm as she flipped on the switch. The light shone on a computer surveillance room with a huge safe on one side. That's what she was looking for. 'Bingo baby.'

Jocelyn opened the safe with several pin combinations and a swipe of her ID card. She pushed back the heavy door and peeked in to see a shitload of money sitting on the left and some weapons on the other side.

First things first, she pulled on a bulletproof vest and grabbed several Beretta 9mm. She shoved like a couple thousand dollars in a black bag and some automatic guns and magazines. Jocelyn was no newbie to this type of game.

'Brian, I'm on my way in 30.' Joce replied as she answered her ringing phone. She threw the bag over her shoulder and looked around for a suspicious car. It was safe.

When she pulled up to the house that Brian had given her an address to, Brian was the first to greet her. Then...

'You know him?!' Jocelyn glared at the huge muscled man with his eyes glued on her. She felt like she knew nothing at the moment. Her hands twitched. 'Calm, Joce. He's been helping me for the past couple of months.' Brian gave her a look. It dawned on Jocelyn what he meant. This was Brian's mission. 'Are you sure?' She watched Dominic but her question was directed to her friend.

He could get hurt. Jocelyn nodded slowly before she turned back to the handsome man. She raised her hand to shake his. Coming to a conclusion that they could have a truce.

'Mommy! Where have you been?' Sadie asked as she ran into Joce. The older woman smiled widely and kissed the top of the girl's messy curls. 'Aww baby, I was right here. Don't forget that!' Joce pointed to the little girl's chest right above her heart. They shared an adorable moment before Sadie kissed Joce with a pointed look. 'I was being a big girl, but you took toooo long!'

That caused the adults to laugh. Sadie pouted as she looked up at all the tall people smiling down on her.

Chevy rolled up on his owner as she shared a look between Dominic. It caught her off guard but she was so used to it by now. This had to be a pleasant but sad reunion for Brian seeing as Jocelyn looked ready to leave.

'I'll ride with you. We both will.' Dominic stated as if there was no if ands or buts about it. Jocelyn started to shake her head but Brian was stubborn as shit and she knew he would never stand down. 'Fine, but don't think I need you. I can handle my own.' Joce glared at the taller man but he just smirked down at her. 'I know.' Was his simple answer.

What did he know exactly?