Questions

Jale breathed in deeply.

This was the definition of bliss.

An evening in the town's bathhouse accompanied by his new favourite person, Drean. A week ago, the pair had struck a vigorous conversation over a jug of ale on the strategies of star barrel horse racing while Jale had been visiting the town's inn. They had been very good friends and lovers ever since.

Drean was a handsome man whose trade depended on his ability to entertain and sure enough, he had kept Jale amused for hours with his stories of his travels, retold folk legends, his strong singing voice and dirty jokes.

The sound of men and women talking and laughing over the tinkle of a harp traveled through the gaps of the wooden pillars and walls of the bathhouse. It helped to create a warm ambiance, and the room that Drean had chosen, was more than adequate with a wooden massage table, a large bath and a heated concrete slab that was covered in blankets and cushions. Steam rose from the hot bath only a short distance away, and the waft of incense helped to relax Jale's body. Although, that could have also been due to the jug of ale he had already finished off.

The bathhouse was full of both Keglan and Talbecan men. After completing his first patrol on the mountain, Prince Rathner had been more than happy to accompany Jale with two of his own Talbecan soldiers. He appeared to have handled his watch successfully with Jale's soldiers arriving to relieve them on time. Although the Prince's eyes had been downcast and dark the next day.

To make up for the cold and tiredness he must have been feeling, Jale had introduced the Prince to an exotic beauty named Delba. To Jale's happiness, Prince Rathner had quickly become entranced with her sensual and sophisticated demeanor.

Jale let out a light moan, Drean's fingers working diligently into the muscles in his shoulders.

"I think I'm going to have to invite you to take full residence in my tent," Jale murmured. "I could do with this every night."

Drean chuckled. "As much as that sounds inviting, it would have a great impact on my ability to make ends meet."

"Oh, don't worry," Jale replied, hanging his head, Drean's fingers working up the back of his neck. "I would make sure you were financially compensated."

Drean let out a short laugh. "And what would I do with myself while you were off going about your duties and I'm cooped up in your tent all day? Sounds a bit boring."

That's what Jale liked about Drean. He was not afraid to voice his thoughts despite the difference in their social standing.

"What?" Jale asked coyly. "You're capable of doing other things than providing pleasure?"

"Hmm," Drean responded. "I'll have you know that I'm capable of doing many things."

"Oh, really?" Jale asked, twisting his body so he could see Drean's face.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Drean smiled, and there was hidden determined look in his eyes.

Jale reached up and placed his hand at the back of Drean's head, pulling him closer to his face. "Oh boy, wouldn't I like to know." He brought their lips together, both men breathing heavily into the kiss.

A loud, sudden knock on the wooden door to their room, disturbed their intimacy. Jale pulled away and swore. "We're busy," he called out impatiently.

"A moment, if possible."

Jale frowned, recognizing the sound of Prince Rathner's voice. He had been polite and spent enough time with the Prince, welcoming him to the pass and even finding him a beautiful maiden. Why was the Prince knocking on his door now? Jale sighed and rose from the table, ensuring he was still wearing enough clothes to be presentable. He walked to the door and opened it.