Twenty Three

A groan leaves Taehyung's mouth as he slowly opens his eyes. The room is dark. It's probably night. He tries sitting up but he feels a little weak. He lays back down on the bed and sighs.

The omega just extends his hand and switches on the bedside lamp so that he can at least see where he is. When the room is illuminated by the faint light, he looks at his side. He sees Soobin snuggled so close to him as he sleeps. Taehyung also sees Jungkook laying next to Soobin, with an arm sling across the baby protectively. A smile makes its way on his lips but it drops soon when he remembers everything.

Taehyung's eyes blur with tears when he remembers how he ended up being unconscious. He closes his eyes and lets the tears slip.

So he is Jungkook's mate for real. Not just his mate but also his husband.

Husband.

Taehyung never thought he had a husband. So is it a possibility that Jungkook could be Soobin's father?

He has always lived believing that Taecyeon was Soobin's father. He never hated the pup for it because its not a child's fault if their father is an asshole but lately a lot of things have started happening that are changing a lot of things in Taehyung's life.

Taehyung is disappointed and angry at Jungkook. He didn't have to hide so many big things from Taehyung at least after all that they have done after Taehyung came to live in the Dark Wood pack. The omega thought he and the true blood grew close to each other.

A sob leaves Taehyung's mouth as tears trickle down his cheeks. He feels pathetic and weak. Jungkook always made him feel safe but that album has taken a toll on Taehyung and he doesn't even know what to feel anymore.

Jungkook stirs in his sleep as the sound of sobbing increases. He slowly opens his eyes and sees Taehyung staring at the ceiling and crying. He panics and quickly gets up.

"Tae, sweetheart, are you okay?" He asks as he hurries towards Taehyung's side.

"Tae?" He calls his mate out again but the omega does not even look at him. Taehyung just continues to cry and this sight breaks Jungkook's heart.

"Tae, baby please look at me." Jungkook says, worry is evident in his voice. He cups Taehyung's cheeks and turns him to face himself.

Taehyung closes his eyes and lets more tears spill. The sad and worried voice of his husband makes him feel bad too but Taehyung is hurt and he cannot not express it. A lot of emotions at once are playing with Taehyung's mind right now.

"W-Why, Jungkook?" Taehyung asks, he looks so desperate and sad. He looks into Jungkook's eyes, trying to find those emotions he saw in those pictures. But he has also seen those emotions in the eyes of the true blood whenever they are together even after everything and it's all so confusing for Taehyung.

"Tae, listen-"

"You shouldn't have kept such a big thing from me, Jungkook. Y-You... you know how hard it was for me to l-live while believing that Taecyeon was my mate." Taehyung says as more tears slip out of his eyes. His voice breaks.

Jungkook moves closer to the omega and holds his hands tightly. He knows Taehyung's emotions are all over the place right now.

"I... I didn't know what was wrong with you, Tae. We loved each other so much but then you got kidnapped. We tried looking so hard for you but the Crimson Shadow pack made sure we couldn't find you and you also moved a lot so it wasn't very easy. But then when I saw you in the hospital of the Night Walker pack, I was so happy to see you." Jungkook says with a small smile. He brings Taehyung's hand closer to his lips and kisses the back of his hand softly.