° 1

"Astraea," Her best friend, Embry taps her shoulder, pulling her from her daydream "What is it?" She asked, "Honestly, Astraea, when will you stop daydreaming?"

"I'm not daydreaming." She denied "You surely are." Embry said and focused his eyes on the road, Astraea rolled her eyes "If you say so." She mumbled. A few minutes later, they arrive at La Push High School.

Hmm, High school. Hell version 2.0.

Astraea doesn't know why some people like school because she doesn't like the fact that she needs to sit in the class for hours until the bell rings. She doesn't completely hate school, it's just that school wasn't helping her. It's like it made her life more complicated.

"I hate the first day of school," she said and groaned to herself  "You didn't hate the first day of school you just didn't like school," Embry said as he shut the car door "But I'm impressed that you're very smart." She rolled her eyes and walked past him "I know, right" Quil laughed "Oh, shut it. If not because of me, you're probably still in middle school" Astraea grumbled. She glances at them once more before she smiles at them "See you at lunch!" Astraea shouted as she continued to walk.

After the class was over she met Embry in her locker since it's a bit near the cafeteria.

Astraea stepped into the cafeteria with Embry, looking down annoyed by what happened "Here are the hall monitors on steroids." Embry whispered. Astraea raised her head and saw the tall, russet skin and muscular, the one and only Paul Lahote.

Paul is attractive and girls in this school are in love with him. It was like since the summer, girls were starting to fall on their knees just for him to notice them. Who wouldn't want to be noticed by the hot, muscular, tall popular guy?

Paul suddenly looked in their direction and for a minute he and her locked eyes. Well, figuratively locked eyes.

Then, Astraea looks away. She doesn't know what to feel. It's Paul Lahote.

"Come on, I'm hungry," Astraea said and pulled him to the counter.

"Did you tell Quil that we're going to meet him here?" Astraea asked as they walked to the table, Embry shrugged "There's no need to tell him, he knows where we are." Embry said and started eating his food "Well, you should still say it to him." Astraea argued and Embry didn't say anything.

Astraea looked around the cafeteria and saw a curly-haired boy walking toward them.

"Hello, Astraea." he grinned and kissed her hand, that's the first thing he did, which annoyed Astraea. She pushes him away and continues eating her food. Embry shook his head as he laughed. "where's Jacob?" Astraea asks Quil. Astraea expected him not to have an answer, but to her surprise, he finally did.

"He's with the new girl," Quil explained through a mouthful of food.
Astraera raised her eyebrow and looked at Embry, He shrugged.

"Who?" She asked "Bella Swan," and said "chief swan's daughter?" She realized who it was "Yeah," Quil said, throwing his arm around her. She pushes him. when he was about to protest, she shoved food into his mouth.

"Astraea, someone is knocking on the door!" Her mother shouted for the fifth time "Coming!" She rolled out of bed and went down the stairs

"Astraea, someone is knocking on the door!" Her mother shouted for the fifth time "Coming!" She rolled out of bed and went down the stairs. "WAIT A MINUTE!" She screamed as she heard another knock "Ouch!" She hissed as she bumped her foot on the sofa.

"I said, wait a minute!" She screamed another time. She breathed before she opened the door "Hello, need an-" she was about to smile when she saw who it was. "Are you serious?" She asked as she rolled her eyes. He raises his eyebrow and comes in "You can open the door so why are you still knocking?" Astraea said and closed the door.

"I have manners." Embry sat in of l the couch "There's a party tomorrow night, maybe we should go." he offered. She furrowed her eyebrows, If she didn't see how serious he was, she would laughing right now. "You know, I'm starting to think if you're my best friend." Astraea said and turned on the TV "Parties aren't my thing, remember." She explains and looks back at him. She didn't like parties not because she was not like other girls. She can't stand the smell of alcohol and the crowd. It makes her vomit.

"Why? Just go with me and Quil." Embry said "No, I can't stand the smell of the alcohol and I don't like seeing everyone making out. It's weird."

"Hm, do you want me to tell Aunt Mabel what you did last summer?" She glares at Embry and punches him in the shoulder "You're blackmailing me now?" She hissed "Nope, you're my best friend." He grins and grabs the grape on the coffee table.

"Are you sure you're my best friend?"

"You know, even though Quil is a flirty bastard, he will never blackmail me. You know why?"

"No, why."

"Because he's a good friend." She knew what she was doing "I am a good friend." He stutters, he looks like he's the one who's being blackmailed. "Please, go with us," Embry begged.

"No, I won't go." Astraea grunted as she sat down beside him "Yes, you will." Embry said with pleading eyes "No." Astraea grumbled. "Yes, you will." He repeated, his eyes still focused on Astraea. He knew Astraea very well. He knew with his stare, that she would come with him and Quil. Astraea loves them.

She looks at him "fine." She hesitated "But if something happened to me. You're dead." Astraea warned, "Yes, yes, whatever." He chuckled.