° 33

"Emily invited us to their home," Mia announced while we were having breakfast. Before I could even ask, Ada beat me to it "Really?" Ada asked as she fed her son "Yes, and Mera, can you come with us?" Mia turned to me.

"No," I replied as I shook my head. There's no way I would get the hell out of this house, there's too much mud everywhere I go, and I wouldn't risk getting my heels dirty and puddled again "Come on sweetheart, you haven't been there since you left." Dad said.

"Dad, I don't want to go outside." I reasoned and I wasn't just making any excuse, I don't want to go outside. "Come on, Mer." Mia looked at me with doe eyes like it will work on me. Dad put his hand on my shoulder, I tensed slightly at the sudden touch "Go with them, sweetie." Dad convinced, I know he's trying but it's because he doesn't know.

"Fine, but I won't be long there." I muttered, enough for them to hear as I finished my food before standing up and going upstairs to my room.

I showered and look for something presentable but when I open the closet, I remember I haven't put any of my clothes there though there are some clothes I left behind when I left.

Florals and pastels.

I sighed to myself before opening my suitcase. I pick out a dress and a long coat for the chilly, windy weather, and of course, I paired it with heels since I didn't bring any flats.

When the girls were already done dressing, I called them downstairs so we could go there already and I can go home earlier because I'm not planning on staying there for too long.

When I started the engine of my car, I knew it was far too late. And drove to the Emily girl's house. Surprisingly, the girls were quiet. Especially Mia who constantly wouldn't shut up her mouth every time she got a chance to open it.

But, I'm glad they did shut up so I could think properly and not lose my head thinking of something I shouldn't.

I look at the direction first before making a turn down the road, near the beach.

My grip on the steering wheel tighten as I stopped the car near a house. There are already three cars here. I wonder who owns it but it is familiar. Too familiar.

I breathed softly, I look at my hands and they were shaking. Is this a good idea? Maybe I shouldn't have come at all. I ran my palms through my face, closing my eyelids.

"There's many chairs outside, there's maybe a little gathering, don't you think?" Lizzie asked, unbuckling her seatbelt. I glance at her before doing the same thing but I didn't get out of the car immediately. The twins followed her shortly.

I do not like it here, it felt crowded.

I snapped my eyes shut and let out a shaky breath, I sighed to myself before opening the door and standing on my feet

Before I could close the door, I saw a girl running away from the house, pulling her wrist out of someone's grip while tears streamed down her face. She looks tired, shocked, betrayed, and hurt. Except, she wasn't there.

My hand tightened against the door before slamming it shut. I stand up straight, walk straight - like a proper lady - as I walked towards them and stand behind the three of them, hands on my back.

There is a long table waiting for us, decorated with fresh flowers, there are a lot of dishes at the table and there's beer.

Someone is walking towards us, a woman with long black hair "Hi," Lizzie greeted, hugging the woman. Mia hugged the woman like they just didn't meet yesterday "I'm glad you came." The woman smiled.

"There's too much food here." Mia looks overwhelmed by the amount of food that is at the table like she's the one who will be finishing it all "You'd be surprised how much the boys eat." The woman chuckled.