° 17

Healing can not be easily finished, you had to go through all the stages you need to go.

And Astraea doesn't know that.

She should have known, he hurt her once. She should have known he could do it again. There are so many clues yet she stayed blinded by his promises and sweet words.

So foolish of her to think she is his imprint, even after he kissed Zia at the party after they look into each other's eyes, and after they locked eyes at school. It's so clear that she is not his imprint. He's been cheating on her yet she's too blinded to see it.

So pathetic yet so tragic.

She felt so pathetic and so tragic. She wondered if he loved her. This past few days, she still processing what happened that night, and finally, yesterday she figured it out and it break her for the second time.

Who can blame her? She spends her life with those guys and then she finds out they have been fooling her for how long? Weeks.

She always wanted to spend her time with them but that's before they hurt her, All she wanted to do is stay in her bed all day and sleep all day. She hasn't started her day yet, It's always a bad day for her to start anyway. She's been isolating herself in her bedroom since she came home that night.

After a long time of staring blankly at her ceiling, She heard a knock on her door "Sweetheart, time to get up." The voice of her father "I'm sick, Dad" Astraea said as she coughed.

"I'm coming in." Aiden told her as she buried her face into the white pillow she's been crying on "What's wrong, Astraea?" Aiden asked, "Nothing, I'm not just feeling well." She mumbles between her pillows.

"I know you're lying."  Aiden said and leaned in the door "I'm not." Astraea replied, "Are you sure?" He asked "Yes." Aiden sighed "Just call me if you need anything." He said as he closed the door behind him.

She looked at her study table, and there is a picture of her and Paul, sitting in his car. She glances at Miss Clancy before throwing it across the room.

"I'm not going to cry." But she know she would, she told herself she would not but she always cried in the end. She decided she wanted to go to the bathroom so she gather all her strength to stand up.

When she managed to pull herself together, She walked towards the bathroom. She quietly opens the door and closes it as soon as she gets inside.

She sighed and look at herself in the mirror. God, I'm a mess. Astraea thought to herself.

She put his hands on her face and cried at the same time. why the hell am I crying? she asked herself even though she knew what was the reason. They're the reason. The people who hurt her, who betrayed her.

She still hasn't figured it yet why would they do this, especially to her. She did nothing but become their friend but they return nothing but pain.

After she washed her face, she went back to her comfort zone, her bed. The bed that they shared for a lot of nights. The bed where he held her in his arms as she cries. But, now, he wasn't there to wipe her tear because he was the one who caused it.

Astraea almost jumped in shock when the door to her room suddenly opened. when she turned to see who was coming in and she saw Ada.

"Sis, Someone left this invitation for you on our doorstep." Ada said as she pulled out a white envelope in her pocket and hand it to her younger sister "What is it?" Astraea asked, "Astraea, Dad said you're sick but I don't think so."

"What do you mean?" Astraea asked as she furrowed her eyebrows, Ada started walking towards the door but before she walk out the door, she turn her head towards Astraea, there was no way Ada know about it.

"I know what happened, Astraea; Seth told me," Ada whispered

"Astraea, be honest with me, are you okay? Are you even yourself?"

"Of course, I am myself, Ada," Astraea told her sister, she can't look at Ada because she can see Astraea's eyes any minute. Astraea instead looks outside her window but looks away. That's the spot where Paul parked his car when he always came to pick her up.

"That's not how I see it. Do you think I don't notice that you have been isolating yourself in this tiny room?" Astraea can see that Ada is worried but at the same time pissed. She doesn't know what Seth told her but it's not very good.

"I'm fine." She reassured her sister that's she fine even though she was not sure Ada will believe her. Ada is always been the one who's noticing everything in their family.

"You're my sister but not the sister I know." Ada sighed before she completely walked out the door.

Astraea sighed as she open the invitation. She was quite shocked when she saw it. It's an invitation to Edward and Bella's wedding.

She grab her phone and dialed Emmett's number "Hello, Emmett." Astraea greeted, and she tried to make her voice more joyful "Astraea." He spoke.

"I received the invitation. Is it true?" Astraea asked, she just can't believe it. It felt like Edward and Bella just met a month ago though they probably did not.

"Of course." Emmett said, "I'm not trying to intervene in someone's life but isn't it too early?" Astraea said and Emmett chuckled "Just attend it." Emmett respond

"Why am I invited?"

"Is that even a question? You're a family friend, well, you're a family."

"Wow, that's very cute to say." That's the most beautiful sentence she heard since that night. She can't believe they saw her as their family, which is not very surprising.

She used to spend her time with them playing baseball, though she never really played. She knows she can't compete with them because of their strength and how fast they are.

"Bye-Bye, Emmett." Astraea sighed and hung up.

She wasn't against Bella and Edward's soon to be married, she was just shocked that's why she called Emmett. But, she knew someone who would be against them, Jacob Black.

Jacob always started drama and Astraea hates him when he does that because she sees how much of an asshole he was sometimes.

But, she hopes Bella and Edward all the best.

-----------------
Announcement!
Starting now, I won't
Be doing long chapters anymore but
It wasn't super short either!
Thanks!
-----------------