° 45

I drove back home, and every word the woman said was tainted in my brain.

Loud music echoes through the house from the backyard. Many voices were heard, all of them so happy and they're enjoying their life. I felt angry, it was maddening.

I can hear everyone chattering, being happy while I am being miserable. I'm always miserable, what a fucking pity.

I took a deep breath as I push open the back door. The pack is here, he's here. Family reunion, it is. This is definitely the better time to confront them.

"Lily, finally you're here!" Lilian spoke as she smiled at me. His son, my unbiological brother at her side as she embraced me in a tight hug.

"How long have you been lying to me?" That's a wrong question.

I watched as the smile from her face dropped, fear was in her eyes for a moment. "What are you talking about?" Lilian chuckled, confusion in her eyes "I want nothing but the truth!" I raised my voice, I couldn't help it. I'm angry.

"I can't be with you all anymore! This suffocating family!"

"Mera—" Dad stands up from his seat, ready to explain and tell me more lies "Dad!" I shouted, everyone's attention was on me "You all lied to me," I grunted, looking between my father and my biological mother, they were all liars.

Aunt Lilian started crying as Leon moved to her side to comfort her "You all proved that no one should be trusted in this place." I said.

"After all this time, after all the comforting talks you give me, saying you were all glad to have me back, you all lied to me!"

Aunt Lilian sobbed, shaking her head as she tried to reach for my hand "Do not deny it anymore! You will only make yourself more guilty." I pushed her away harshly from me, I couldn't let her touch me. She was gone for a very long time and didn't become a mother to me, yet she dared to act like she is one.

She has no one to blame when the girl she birthed wouldn't acknowledge her as the woman who gave her life.

"Mera, calm down, we do not know what you're talking about." Ada said, "He had an affair with Aunt Lilian!" I wanted to cry and keep asking them why. Why they lied to me, why she never raised me, and why Mabel is so cruel to me. I was a child.

"Mera, that's enough." Mabel said as she stand up, acting all worried like she always does "You don't have a say on this!" I yelled at her. I fucking hated and loathed her.

She was supposed to be a mother to me like she claimed she is, but she made my life so miserable in the past and I could never forgive her for it.

"You all wanna know the truth?" I asked, looking around. From the corner of my eye, I saw Aunt Coraline and she was looking at me with those unreadable eyes. I wonder if she knew, too.

"This lady right here, seduce my father from my biological mother to get what she wanted," I started the tale of two sisters who fell in love with the same man but only one of them was able to have him.

"When she became pregnant with my sister, She made my father marry her." It didn't have to be this way but they made me do it "And then, my father cheated with my biological mother who's currently married at the time." I exposed them.

"Do not dwell in the past anymore, you've gone too far!" Aidan shouted, getting angry. I've never seen him so angry at me. When I was a child when a made a mistake, he would strike me in the face but I knew it was discipline and I thought he was the best dad but I guess I'm wrong, again.

"I? I'm the one who's been lied to for twenty-three years! I'm the one you made pay for your sins!" I loved my father and I know I'm the sin but, he doesn't deserve to be called my father "I'm the one who suffered!" I shouted.