° 26

It was a lovely afternoon when Mera decided to leave her Aunt and her aunt's honorable friends, bickering at each other in a lady way.

She enjoys watching them argue with each other just like what her aunt told her. Coraline said to her that "it would be more enjoyable to watch once they found out one of them has a cheating husband, these ladies were too blinded by their husband's promises" Coraline said as she laughed.

Mera doesn't feel bad for them because she knew who this woman is, once they found out their husband cheated, the only one will they blame is the mistress. Of course, she doesn't feel bad for the mistress, no one should.

These people were famous, it's impossible not to know they had a family.

Now, she's in the backseat while the Blanchette family's butler, lip, drove the black limousine Coraline had gifted Mera for her twentieth birthday.

"Lip, arrête."

"Pourquoi miss? nous sommes presque à la maison." Lip, their butler, said, confused by Mera's sudden act "arrêtez simplement la voiture." Mera said as she rolled down the window and poked her head out.

"Mateo!" Mera screamed the boy's name who was ahead of them towards the manor, the boy stop in his tracks and turn around "Mera, I'm glad you saw me." Mateo said as he run towards Mera.

"What are you doing standing there?
Get inside, will you?"

"Yeah, sorry." He said and hop in inside the car, but while he hop in, it looks like he was being careful like something fragile will break if he seats recklessly. "We can go now, lip," Mera told her butler.

She noticed that Mateo is being unusual right now, he was walking when he has luxurious cars and he was covering his face like a complete idiot

"Mateo, what happened to your face?" Mera said, "I'll tell you later." Mateo replied as he remove his hand from his face but quickly put it back on his face as soon as Mera saw it "Gosh, that looks awful."

"Thanks a lot." He said sarcastically as he smiled at her, still one hand on his bruised face "Is your aunt there?" Mateo asked. As far as Mera knows, Coraline being there is far from his other concerns. Well, she can't blame him, Coraline can be intimidating most of the time considering she's one of the most powerful women in France.

"No, she went to a tea party with some old friends."

"Good to hear." Mateo groaned as he take his hand off his face, she assumed he was probably hurt "We should really need to put some medicine on that." Mera said as she looked at Mateo's bruises "Pack of ice will do." He replied.

"We're here, miss." Lip announced, he hops out and open the door for Mera "Come on, quickly." Mera said as she rolled her eyes "Stop rushing me, will you?" Mateo said "Quickly." She repeated, she smiled annoyingly as she help him stand up "Fine." Mateo groaned.

As they entered the manor, Louise welcomed them "Go get the medical kit and bring it to my room."

"Yes, miss," Louise replied and quickly left, Mera, sighed and help Mateo walk. She assumed that it was not only his face that is bruised.

"Tell me who did this." Mera said as she sat Mateo down on her bed. "father." He sighed "Gael did this?" She asked in disbelief when she shouldn't be acting like she doesn't know what kind of a man Mateo's father is.

But, for Mateo's sake, she needs to keep the act until her Aunt told her it's okay not to act anymore.

"Here's what you're asking for, miss."
A small gasp came out of Louise's mouth when she saw Mateo's bruised face "shall I fetch the doctor?" Louise asked, "No, no doctor." Mateo muttered as Mera clean his bruises