° 43

"where's everybody?" I asked, setting my foot off the stairs. The moment I got out of my room, I knew something was wrong with this house. It's extremely quiet.

No kids running around the hallway or bickering with each other "They're shopping for a celebration." Ada answered me. Normally, she's always the one who's asking me cause she's always the one that wasn't in the house.

"What for?" I furrowed my eyebrows cause as far as I can remember no one has their birthday on July fourteen.

"A reunion, I suppose." Ada shrugged which made me confused more than I already am "Wait, are there any relatives I haven't met yet?" We have too many relatives, I couldn't possibly count them all. "Not to my knowledge, no," Ada replied.

I nodded my head before I turned my back on her to go back to my room when she called me again "And oh, baby sis, can you drive to the house Dad bought in Port Angeles tomorrow?"

"What? What for?" This girl always asked me the weirdest thing ever, why would I go to the house Dad bought six years ago when they don't even live there? "Well, I have some things there I'd like to give you, and don't tell Dad and Mom you're going there, they hate it when someone goes there," Ada explained but her last sentence always brews another question in me.

"What? Why?" I asked, "It's weird but I don't know." Ada muttered, shrugging "Here's the key to the house." She throws the key over to me and hits me perfectly in the face. She muttered sorry before turning back to her son again.

"Thanks a lot, sister," I mumble as I roll my eyes before groaning when I hear a knock on the door.

When I flew the door open, I saw a familiar face "Embry, hi." I said in a most-not-so-welcoming tone "Oh, I miss knocking here." Embry laughed as he looked around the house except me.

"Do you want to go to the beach?" He asked suddenly after standing without noise in front of our door and after finally noticing me.

"Uh, a second." I held out my index finger in front of him before gazing over to the dining area and Mateo was no longer there "Mateo, do you want to go to the beach?!" I yelled.

"I do."

"But-" I tried to protest but she gave me the don't-argue-with-me-hemera look. Aunt Coraline wasn't asking, she was saying she wanted to come "Can we go too?" Ada asked, coming out of the kitchen.

"I think Riley likes to go to the beach." Mateo appeared behind her, Riley in his arms. I sighed and turned to Embry "You heard them." I said before slamming the door in his face. Just like old times.

"Mera! That's rude!" Ada exclaimed before hurrying toward me and opening the door. I rolled my eyes at her as I ran towards the stairs "What? It's just Embry." I told her before returning to my room to change.

I drove us to the beach in my white swimsuit - the one that Aunt Coraline isn't very fond of. But, it's cute and it looks hot on me and she said she doesn't think so but Aunt Lilian said I look hot and gorgeous in it.

"I don't even know why you wanted to go here." I grumbled, my hands in front of me as she held onto my arm like she always did when we walked "I needed fresh air." Aunt Coraline replied, "We have some of that in the backyard."

"Hemera." She warned before I earned a slap on the shoulder from her "Okay, fine I'll shut up!" I exclaimed in surrender and raised my hand in the air. There's no point in arguing with her cause she's still my Great Aunt Coraline no matter what.

"Aunt Coraline, could you tell Mateo that Riley can enjoy the sand?" Ada told her, asking for help. Once Mateo got a hold of Riley, he never wanted to let go of him anymore "Mateo, let the child enjoy the beach."

"Okay, fine." Mateo rolled his eyes before putting Riley down on the sand "Why does Mateo act like he's Riley's father? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just curious."

"Well, he practically wants a child of his own." Aunt Coraline answered.

"Hello, guys." Ada smiled at the approaching boys "Hi, Ada!" Quil waved and Embry waved, too.

I raised my eyebrow at them when I saw them looking before turning my gaze to Aunt Coraline again and I saw that Aunt Coraline couldn't take her eyes off someone, I nudged her. She shouldn't stare when she's the one who told me staring is bad "I heard a lot about you, young man." Aunt Coraline said, still haven't taken her eyes off him.

"You've heard of me, ma'am?" Paul asked, meeting my gaze and I avoided his eyes. "From the kids, yes." Aunt Coraline answered. I saw disappointment flash through his face, so disappointed I was not the one who was mentioning him.

Even if he's not near or is near, he always managed to get into my mind without trying.

Paul.Paul.Paul.

Who even is he to think that we are okay after what happened? Yes, I did forgive Embry and Quil and the others but that's because of peace of mind, so I don't have to carry all the burden and sorrow when they are there.

"Mera, I miss you!" Seth launched at me directly, arms open wide "No hugging." I ordered as I pushed him away but it was far too late, he already sent us to the sand.

What the fuck is happening?

"Oh, dear." I heard Aunt Coraline mutter as she watched Seth tackle me to the ground in pure horror and shock.

"Aunt Coraline, this is Seth." I pushed Seth away as I stood up, the sand was now all over me "Joyful one." Aunt Coraline pondered.

Aunt Coraline turned her back on me and started talking to Paul like he was the heir. I'm still here, why is she even talking to him?

And why does she want to talk to him when she doesn't even want Mateo talking too much?