11 - Get On and I'll show you

As your birthday neared, the guys start to get busier. You didn't mind, though. They were busy men and you were quite busy with university and work too. Nana and the rest of the girls at the club invited you for a night out to celebrate your birthday early. It was fun since all of you treated each other like sisters, always looking out for one another.

It was pretty ironic that Nana booked a private room in a different club and even invited male strippers. Everyone was having the time of their lives, having a relaxing night for once.

Since it was supposed to be your birthday party, the strippers focused on you more. You were a blushing mess, feeling embarrassed as the girls cheered you on. The guys had really pretty faces and not to mention their amazing bodies.

You squeal while the girls laugh when the guys start getting much closer to you. One of them even took your hand, kissing the back of it before placing it on his abs.

"Go get it, girl!"

You laugh, your cheeks red in embarrassment. The girls start to sing the birthday song to you and surprisingly, the guys danced to it in a sensual yet playful way.

The rest of the night was a blur as the alcohol start to take over your system. The girls were slightly buzzed as well, some were even sleeping already. Even so, each and every one of you made it back home safely. Well, home for you meant the unit Koko gave to you which didn't feel much like home anymore.

Stumbling inside, you made sure to lock the doors before turning the light on. You gasp when you notice Koko sitting on the couch. At the sight of him, you immediately sobered up. Was he just sitting there in the dark for God knows how long?

Koko didn't look up at you as you walk closer to him. You gulped, feeling your eyes water a little. It's been some time since the two of you were left alone together so you felt a little awkward.

"Where have you been?" He asks softly, still staring at the table in front of him.

"I was out with the girls from the club." You answer honestly, your voice small.

"Just girls?"

Koko's simple question made you shut your mouth for good. You couldn't bring yourself to lie to him. He slowly turned his head to face you with a look that said he much preferred a lie than complete silence.

"Hajime—"

"It's fine."

You felt a pang in your chest. No, it shouldn't be fine. But what else is there to say, really? You two aren't even in a relationship. He has never asked you to be officially his and you didn't want to be the first to mention anything about relationships.

"Come here." He gestured for you to sit beside him and you did.

Koko slowly wrapped his arms around you and kissed the top of your head. Your chest started to hurt but at least you weren't crying.

"I'm sorry...." You mumble. "Hajime, I—"

"Let me talk first." He sighed. "...you've been avoiding me on purpose, did things behind my back..."

"Hajime..."

"I've given you all that I could and still...." He chuckled humorlessly. "Still, I'm not enough for you. Why can't you love me? Why can't you be like—"

Koko stopped himself and you freeze in his arms, a tear slipping out. You slowly move away from him and stare at him with a fake smile.

"Like who, Kokonoi? Like Akane?" You whisper, your voice cracking at the girl's name. "Unfortunately, I can't compare to her. I'm just a whore, right?"