25 - Warm Bodies

Just as Takeomi predicted, you got sick and now you were wrapped up in several thick blankets. The guys have been taking turns, taking care of you while you feel miserable for yourself.

Sanzu wanted to cheer you up by sneaking in a tub of ice cream to you but Takeomi caught him and he was scolded harshly.

Kakucho's been the one taking your temperature every hour to check if your fever has gone down or not and that's because he's the only one that has a thermometer and he didn't let anyone else borrow it, saying that he can monitor you by himself.

You weren't allowed to take a shower yet so the position for giving you a sponge bath was open. Just the thought of someone giving you a sponge bath felt awkward but at the same time it seemed relaxing having someone clean you up.

Mochi massaged his forehead as he listened to the guys bicker back and forth, trying to decide who should be assigned to give you a sponge bath.

"Our little sunshine is more comfortable with me. We've lived together for more than two months while you guys were away." Sanzu argued.

"As if you could actually give her a good bath. You can't even clean yourself properly!" Ran laughed humorlessly.

"Wanna fucking go right now?!" Sanzu yelled. "For your fucking information, I shower three times a day!"

"For someone who showers three times a day, you sure stink a lot!" Ran yelled back.

"I think we should just let her choose, it's her body after all." Kakucho spoke up with a sigh.

"I agree. Why are we even arguing about this? Shouldn't she decide for herself?" Rindou added calmly.

"We should just hire a maid." Koko suggested. "Just until she gets better."

"As if it's that easy to hire someone to work closely with us." Ran reminded them that they were the most wanted criminals right now so they should be more careful with hiring people.

"Let's just ask her what she wants. Maybe she can give herself a sponge bath." Takeomi said.

"She's sick, she can't do it herself!" Sanzu exclaimed. "I'm sure she's going to choose me anyway."

"If you're so sure about that, you shouldn't even bother arguing with Ran and the rest of us here." Koko rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, you're just freaking right now because you know that she wouldn't choose you." Ran added with a laugh.

Another round of argument and insults rolled up and this time their voices were raised much higher, Sanzu even went as far as walking up to Ran to threaten skinning him alive.

"I'll do it. End of discussion." Mikey spoke up, instantly silencing everyone and that concluded their late afternoon meeting.

Despite being told not to hang around in your room, Sanzu along with the Haitanis and Kakucho still stayed by your bed. You didn't mind them, though. It was nice to have them accompany you.

"How are you feeling?" Rindou whispers brushing back the strands of hair away from your face. "Are you hungry?"

"Don't worry, Koko's probably ordering food right now." Sanzu spoke up, patting your head.

"I can cook something for you if you want." Rindou smiled at you and rested his hand on yours. "Just tell me what you want to eat."

"You don't have to cook for me right now, Rin. But I'll take you up on that offer soon." You smile back at him.