Part 18

She pushed herself back into the bathroom, collapsing on the floor, sobbing quietly. She'd thought he'd really liked her. I guess I was just a pawn, wasn't I? she thought, as she let the tears fall down her face. She buried her face in her hands as she wept. 

Before long, she realized how long she'd been in the bathroom. She quickly wiped her face and mascara from her face as she opened the door again. "I'm back guys!" she exclaimed with a small smile on her face, but not a smile that ignited her face, a smile that was fake like plastic. "T-T-Took long e-e-e-enough," Bill stuttered with a smile. "So what happened while I was gone?" she asked with an expecting look at all of them. She could see them gulping. "Well, Bill and Bev actually kissed! It was-" Richie exclaimed before Eddie nudged him in the ribs. 

"Oh cool!" she exclaimed fakely, looking at Bill and Beverly, who was staring down at her hands. "Anyway, continue on," she said quietly. 

Throughout the whole game, Y/N stayed mostly quiet, snagging a few looks at Bill, who looked happier than ever. "I'm getting kinda bored, wanna watch a movie?" Eddie said, and everyone seemed to nod. As they were all getting up, Stanley grabbed Y/N by the hand, holding her back as he whispered in her ear. "Y/N, wait. I know you saw," he said with a blank look on his face. She tilted her head in (fake) confusion. "What do you mean? Saw what?" she asked. "Don't play dumb, Y/N. I'm really, really sorry," he said. "B-" before tugging her with him, not giving her a chance to respond as they walked down the stairs to the TV. Everyone found comfy spots on the couch, and Bill patted the seat next to him, motioning for Y/N to sit next to him. "Oh, sorry, Bill, I'm already sitting with Stan," she said, as she walked back to Stanley. Bill followed her. "O-O-Oh, okay. I'll j-j-j-just sit next to you guys t-then," he said, without her permission. She scoffed but then continued. 

As they were watching the movie, she felt Bill's hand embrace her own, holding her's tightly, but she didn't hold his back. It wasn't long after that, though, that they all fell asleep on the couch, together. 

__

As Y/N opened her eyes slowly, the light in the living room made her squint. Everyone was asleep, but Y/N was an early bird, so it was no surprise to her. Likewise, Eddie and Richie had fallen on the floor, but somehow were still hugging each other. Ben and Beverly curled up next to each other, and Bill had his head on Y/N's thigh, and Stanley had his hand covering Y/N's torso. She smiled softly at the sight, mostly at Stanley. She hated that she didn't love him like that. He deserved the world. She hated that she knew that he liked her, but she didn't like him like that. She liked Bill. A boy who had backstabbed her twice in a few days. "Why don't I like Stanley?" she asked herself, begging herself. Surprisingly, Bill woke up as well, a few moments after. 

"G-Goodmorning," he said in a sleepy voice, and she nodded at him. "Yeah." 

__

About an hour later, Y/N was able to end a short conversation with Bill after she heard a piece of paper slip through her door. She and Bill jogged up to the door and Bill handed the piece of paper to her. "Thanks," she said with a small smile, and he nodded. She tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter. 

Dear families of Derry!

As part of John Maylord's new Derry Campaign, we invite you to an event! It will take place tomorrow, July 4th, at 6 pm. We would like families to come, and if you are 13 or older, please bring a date (optional). Gays are now allowed as part of my new Campaign. The curfew will be dismissed tomorrow, but the 8 pm curfew will return the following day. We do hope to see you there! Please remember to dress nicely! 

Thank you, 

John Maylord and his team. 

__

Bill and Y/N looked at each other. He likes Bev, it's fine, she thought. "Who do you wanna go with?" she asked curiously. He looked down at his shoes, and then back at her. "I don't k-know, but there's s-s-someone I have in m-mind," he said. "Do I know her?" she asked curiously. He nodded quickly. "O-Oh y-y-yeah, you know her r-r-really well, actually!" he exclaimed, and she nodded coolly. "We should probably tell the others, don't you think?" and he nodded in agreement. 

She grabbed 2 pots from the kitchen. "W-What are you d-d-doing?" he asked, but she didn't respond. Instead, she banged the pots against each other, and Bill quickly reached to plug his ears. Everyone was quick to wake up, groaning and covering their ears as well, through their sleepiness. "Oh fuck, Y/N, now I'll have to get my ears checked. My eardrum could burst!" Eddie exclaimed, suddenly fully awake. "Oh god, Eds, I didn't even bang them that hard together. It won't kill you," she exclaimed. "Anyway, I have news. Apparently, there's a party that we all have to go to tomorrow. 4th of July party. Some new campaign guy for mayor. We have to bring dates." she said, pausing, looking at all of them. "and gays, ARE, allowed," she said, carefully eyeing Richie and Eddie so that they could notice.

"Wait, so-" Stanley said in a sleepy voice. "We can bring anyone we want?" he asked, and she nodded quickly with a smile. She wanted to go with Stanley. Now that Bill clearly didn't want her. Stanley smiled at her. "Well, then, Y/N, will you go with me?" he asked, a shy smile on her face. When she nodded, her face lighting up, he gave her a bigger, cuter smile. Through the corner of her eye, she could see Bill's face. It looked blank but upset. He was about to motion to Beverly but Ben beat him to it. "Bev, will you go with me?" he asked, and Y/N could see his chubby fingers crossed behind his back. When she nodded, he went a crazy shade of red and smiled widely. 

"Eddie, thy will go with me?" Richie asked quickly, and Y/N noticed his face, full of hope. Eddie gave him a big smile with a thumbs up, and Richie smiled, lighting up his eyes. 

"Well, then I will be off, my good fellows!" Richie exclaimed. "I have to look good, don't I?" 

++++

Okay! Hellooo! So, I do think that this book is coming to a close, there will only be a few chapters after this. And please don't worry about their relationship, I created this event for a reason! Trust the process! Anyway, please vote and comment, and thank you for almost 300 reads now! Make sure to leave any suggestions as well, they will always be appreciated. By the way, the sequel will also be coming out soon (hopefully), after I finish this book. I've already included a bit of scary stuff, but more will hopefully be coming!! However, I might also choose to end the book after this finishes as due to school, I've been unable to update a lot and I don't wanna leave you guys hanging! 

Word count: 1242 words