THIRTY SIX

TW: BAD SPELLING AND GRAMMA

"She obviously likes you bro" JJ says referring to Kie. I can tell by John B's reaction he's not impressed by the subject of which JJ has chosen for our little trip to see Lana. 

"JJ no she doesn't and even is she did 'no pogue on pogue making' remember" John B points out.

"That's bull JB Kie is always like 'oh John B'" JJ attempts to mimic Kiara. "Plus that rule is stupid" JJ tells John B.

"I'm sure you think that JJ" John B says shaking his head looking between me and JJ. I roll my eyes at the boy and JJ smacks him on the back of the head. 

"What was that for?" John B questions bring his hand to his head where JJ had just hit him.   

"Shut up John B" JJ says without even a hint of sarcasm which is very unusual.

"We can all see it, you two just wont admit it to yourselves" John B says turning a corner. Me and JJ share short eye contact and I look down to my hands fiddling with the rings on my fingers.

After John B's comment not a  word was spoken because what John B said is true, well for me at least. I'm just not the best at telling people about my feelings I never have been. I just hope JJ feels the same. 

"Here we are" JB sighs getting out the van compass in hand. He slides open the door letting me out of the back.

JJ appears next to me slinging his arm around my shoulders as we walk up to the house.

As we get closer I start to here glass braking and -who I'm guessing to be Lana Grubs- screaming.

We all stop and share a worried look. "I think we should go" I comment trying not to speak to loudly so I can't be heard.

John B puts his finger to his lips silently telling me to be quiet. I roll my eyes at the boys and he tell us to follow him.

Then the sound of two men's voices become very clear. They're shouting, demanding something from the woman.

The three of us crouch at the side of the house under the broken windows. I look down to see mine and JJ's hands intertwined. I start to hear more plates and glasses braking and Lana's cries get louder.

"Still wanna stay?" JJ questions John B as the paint from the house begins to flake off landing in my hair.

John B straightens up a bit to see inside the house. He crouches back down making his way in front. of me and JJ. "Who is it?" JJ curiously asks.

"Be quiet" John B says giving JJ a death stare. JJ rolls his eyes at the brunette also shaking his head.

John B suddenly puts his back to the wall indicating someone is there so me and JJ do the same. I take a peek and see that it's the men that were chasing us.  I gasp and JJ's free hand covers me mouth so nothing can escape.

John B however turns around looking towards the men who just left the house. JJ follows the brunette silently telling me to stay put as he does so. "Those are the guys that shot at us" I hear JJ whisper his comment make him and John B looks back at me down to my arm.

 Once we hear the boat drive away I walk in front of JJ and John B making my way to the front door. "Jess what're you doing?" John B questions as he and JJ follow me. 

"Isn't this why we came here in the first place?" I reply raising my eyebrows at the boy. The sound of quiet sobs grab my attention and I walk into the house following the sound.