Chapter 6 The Proposal

Once Penelope arrived and declared she had cupcakes, Spencer seemed to relax. He liked cupcakes.

He looked up at his alpha, "C-can I have a cupcake?" he asked in a quiet, timid voice.

"Of course. Why don't you go ask Pen for one?" Aaron smiled softly.

Spencer smiled and nodded before getting up.

He went over to the colorful beta and smiled shyly, "Oh Aaron he's so cute! I'm Penelope. And you're Spencer right?" she asked.

"mhm." the omega blushed, "U-um c-can I have a....a cupcake?" he asked nervously.

"Of course you can Sweetie." she smiled and opened the container for him to pick one out. He picked out a vanilla one with blue icing.

"Thank you" he smiled and went back to his alpha to show him his cupcake.

"Good job baby. I'm so proud of you." Aaron whispered and kissed his head.

"Y-You're going to make me small i-if you keep doing that." the omega blushed, fighting off his littlespace.

"Sorry." the alpha chuckled.

"Alright lovebirds. Dinner will be ready in 10." Dave announced.

Spencer ate his cupcake happily while Emily, JJ, and Penelope all cooed at him, telling him how cute he was, how happy he obviously made Aaron, how happy he himself looked. It made Spencer turn red as a tomato. He had never been around so much positive energy before.

To stop himself from getting overwhelmed he took several deep breaths and buried his face in his alphas shoulder to breathe in the soothing scent. Aaron rubbed his back gently, constantly whispering how good he was doing at staying calm into his ear.

When the others seemed to get the hint they backed off with the compliments. They still continued to whisper quiet 'aww's and 'so cute's to themselves when Spencer would nuzzle into Aaron's shoulder or take an obvious big whiff of his alphas scent to keep himself from getting overwhelmed.

Finally Dave announced that dinner was ready and the five of them made their way to the kitchen, wine glasses in hand. Spencer learned that he actually liked the taste of wine. It was strange but a good strange. He was on his second glass already.

The six of them sat around the table, Emily next to JJ, Aaron next to Spencer, Dave at the head of the table, and Penelope at the other end. They passed around garlic bread and spaghetti. They talked, laughed, and told stories.  They passed around more wine, Dave drank scotch instead.

Spencer ate and laughed along side them, he felt so comfortable with them. It was like he had known them his whole life. "This is really good Dave." he smiled.

"Thank you," Dave sipped his scotch, "So Spencer, how did this stick in the mud get an omega like you?" he asked with a chuckle, a bit of a suggestive purr in his voice.

The omega blushed, "I-I...Um.." he heard Aaron growl under his breath.

"Dave, we talked about this." he placed his arm around his omega.

"What? It was an innocent question," The other alpha chuckled at his protective nature.

"We all know how you can be." Emily chimed in as she ate. 

"Alright alright," Dave threw his hands up in surrender and chuckled.

Spencer looked at his alpha and whispered, "I-i need to use the bathroom..."

"Down the hall, third door on the left." Dave said, hearing what he had said to Aaron.

"T-thank you." Spencer excused himself and made his way down the hall.