Chapter 12 Little Spencer Loves His Aunts

A/N Finals week is approaching and it's kicking my ass so this might come out a bit later than I'd like. But either way enjoy

The first day Aaron was gone was rough. Rough is an understatement.

The first day was absolutely terrible. Spencer stayed on the couch with Millie most of the day.

3 o'clock rolled around and Aaron still hadn't called.

"Hey Spence. You want some hot cocoa?" JJ asked softly holding a mug out to him.

He nodded silently and took the mug. "Thanks." He whispered.

"How you doing?" She asked.

"He hasn't even been gone one whole day and I feel so alone and useless..." the younger omega sniffled slightly. He took a sip of his hot chocolate and gave a small at the taste.

"I know how you feel. Emily occasionally has to go out of state." The other said truthfully.

"You don't know how I feel though. You have a job to distract you from her being gone. I don't have that. I just have to sit here and wait. He hasn't called. Why hasn't he called? H-he promised." His voice broke and he bit back tears.

"He'll call. I know he wouldn't break his promise. Do you want your shark? He seems like a really good friend who is very good at making you happy." She said softly.

"Y-yes please. H-his name is Fang." Spencer whispered and sipped his hot cocoa.

"Alright Bud." She smiled softly. She left the room briefly and returned with Fang in hand. She placed the toy in the youngers arms and he hugged it tightly.

"T-tank you Aun' JJ." He mumbled, allowing himself to slip into his headspace. He knew that if he slipped it would make the week go by faster. But it was scary. He had never been little without Aaron. Being without his daddy scared him. But he knew that JJ and Emily would do their best to make sure he was safe and comfortable and happy.

His stomach growled, "I-I hungy.." he whispered shyly.

"What do you want to eat kiddo?" JJ asked softly.

"M-mac an cheese?" He looked up at her hopefully.

"Mac and cheese it is." She smiled. "Do you want to watch TV while I get that started?" She asked softly.

"Y-you gots da one wif da dino?" Spencer asked.

"I don’t think I know that one. Can you be a bit more specific buddy?"

"D-da dino. H-he get wost a-an fin' a boy name Spot. I-i don remember da dino's name though.." the small boy whispered.

"Hmm. Is it Disney?" She asked softly, earning a nod. "Then I'm sure I can find it for you." She smiled and pulled up Disney plus. She searched up 'Dinosaur' and Spencer instantly pointed at the screen.

"Da one!" He exclaimed happily.

"The Good Dinosaur? Okay buddy. You can watch that one." She smiled and turned it on for him.

"Tank you." He said as he carefully picked up his mug of hot cocoa with both hands and took a sip.

Millie took the opportunity to wander the house and explore her new surroundings. She entered the master bedroom and noticed an older looking black cat on the bed. She jumped up to say hello and was met with an angry hiss. She ran out of 5he room and hid under the couch.

"Sergio be nice!" Emily scolded the other cat. She knelt down, "Come here Millie. It's okay. That mean old man won't hurt you." She cooed.

Millie went to her and nuzzled into her hand when she pet her.