Chapter 20 Let's Skip Forward

A/N since I enjoy writing toddlers alot more than I enjoy writing babies, let's skip forward a few years.

It's been three years. The twins are rambunctious toddlers who run around and cause mischief, especially Diana.

Spencer pulled up to the daycare to pick up the girls, hoping that they had a good day. He stepped into the building, greeted by the bells chiming his arrival. The second he stepped in he heard one of his girls crying.

"Hey Spencer." Max sighed.

"What's going on?" Spencer asked curiously. He had a slight smirk on his face, knowing that one or both the girls had gotten into trouble and was now upset that they were being punished.

"Diana and Jacob got into a fight over a toy, Ellie tried to intervene, but only made the situation worse because she decided that the best course of action was to hit Jacob." Max sighed. She looked over at the twins. "Now she won't stop crying."

"I got it." Spencer smiled. He knelt down to Ellie and smiled softly, "Ellie. Why did you hit Jacob?" He asked calmly.

"H-he w-wa' tryna t-take the t-toy away from Sissy." The toddler sniffled.

"It was very nice of you to try to help, but sweetie we don't hit. We've talked about this, remember?" He asked and lifted her chin to look at him.

"U-uh huh. I-i amember..." she sniffled.

"Then why did you hit him?" He asked again.

"B-betus! Mama he was bein' a meanie!" Diana chimed in.

"Diana I'm talking to Ellie right now. Wait your turn. It's not polite to interrupt people. We've talked about that too." Spencer said calmly.

"Sorry Mama..." Diana mumbled.

"H-he was bein mean Mama. Took the toy from Sissy and sayin' mean stuff." Ellie whispered, her sniffling had all but stopped.

"So he was being a bully huh?" Spencer smiled softly.

"Yeah."

"Well even if he was being a bully, you shouldn't hit him. We don't hit people. We use our words, don't we?" He asked softly.

"Uh huh." Ellie nodded. Diana nodded as well.

"Mama can we go home now?" Diana yawned, ready for a nap.

"Yes sweet girl." He smiled softly. "Grab your backpacks and let's get you two home for a nap." He ushered them over to the backpack rack.

"M-mama. Up." Ellie sniffled a little and looked up. Spencer chuckled and lifted her up. He balanced her on his hip and grabbed her backpack.

Diana grabbed her own bag and held her mother's hand.

Spencer signed the girls out and waved goodbye to Max. He buckled both girls into their carseats and got into the driver's seat.

"You know I have to tell daddy what happened today, right?" He said as he drove.

"No! Daddy will be mad, please don't tell." Diana begged.

"I have to. We don't keep secrets remember? Unless it's a surprise." Spencer sighed.

"T-then make it a suprise..." Ellie mumbled.

"That's not how it works sweetie." He chuckled.

Both girls pouted the rest of the drive home. When he pulled into the driveway, both girls were asleep, both being exhausted from the events of the day. He smiled softly and carried them both inside. He laid them down in their beds and kissed their heads. "Sleep well my loves." He whispered.