The Skype Call

It's at the beginning of November when my laptop starts ringing through Old School Love by Lupe Fiasco feat. Ed Sheeran. It has also been 3 weeks since Grace and I said goodbye to Thomas, Dylan, Ki, Will, and Kaya at the airport. We haven't seen them face-to-face but we've all been in constant contact.

I hit answer on the skype call, not bothering to see who was calling, and Thomas' face fills the screen. "Hey there!" he says with a great big smile. I turn down the music which I had playing as I cleaned/danced around the apartment. Just because I was doing chores doesn't mean it couldn't be fun. I pull my hair into a messy bun and move my laptop to the kitchen counter so I can still see him while I get a drink.

"Hey Tom!" I say, gasping for breath and grabbing a glass from the cabinet.

I hear Thomas laugh, "Were you dancing around the apartment again?"

I laugh to, "Yup."

"Where's Grace? I don't hear her." he asks.

"She went to New York so she could go spend some time with Blake while he is on a business trip." I say as I fill my glass with water.

I take a seat in front of the laptop, "So what's up?"

"I had a free moment on set and decided I'd give you a call." he said before he took a bite of a granola bar.

"Aww that's nice. Where's everyone else?"

"Dylan and Ki are taking to our director Wes about a scene and Kaya is in the costume trailer." he says.

"Oh that's cool. So how's filming been going?" I ask, placing my chin on my folded hands.

"It's been a lot of fun! Oh! We got stuck in a lift again but with other cast members." he said while laughing.

"I know! I saw it on Ki's Instagram." I said laughing.

"You should meet the other cast members! You's like them." he said once he stopped laughing.

"I wish I could. I miss you guys!" I said, hopping down from my chair and refilling my glass.

"Why don't you come visit? It would be fun!" said Thomas with a huge grin on his face.

"I-I don't know, Thomas. I don't know if I'd be able to." I said, I saw the hurt look on his face. "I really do want to Thomas."

"Please? I could fly you down and everything!" he said, clasping his hands together and pouting his lip.

"Please Jade, please." said Dylan behind Thomas, mimicking Thomas as he clasped his hands on Tom's shoulders. "I heard everything. Come on Jade! It'll be fun and we all miss you! And if you come it might just get our Tommy here to shut up about you." he laughed. As Dylan said this, Thomas' face turned red.

"Um.. okay. I haven't gotten out of LA in a while and it'll be fun to be with you guys whie Grace is away." I said.

Both of the boys lit up with smiling faces. "We'll set up everything and we'll have you flown in tonight!" said Dylan.

I spit out my water into the sink and coughed, "Tonight? I have to pack!" I said. The boys laughed.

"Well hurry up and pack! We'll text you the details and pick you up from the airport." said Thomas.

I nodded. "Okay. I'll see you guys soon!" I said right before I ended the call.

I ran my hands through my hair as I took down my bun. This is crazy, this is absolutely crazy I thought to myself as I smiled and leaned against the counter. Once I downed my water, I made a few calls letting the staff at the studio know I'd be taking a little vacation, which they all were happy to agree to let me take, and I headed to my room to pack.