Intentions

"What time did you say their plane landed, Jade?"

"Wow. Your own sister just flew here to be a part of your wedding and you're more worried about your friends? Thanks, Henry. I feel the love." I say flatly. "No, no. I'll get my own bags. You just keep on worrying about your friends," I say as I walk past him and towards the exiting doors of the aiport.

Henry grabs my bags, places them on the floor, and pulls me into a hug. "It is really good to see you, sis. I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too." I say, still clinging on to my older brother.

He pulls away and holds my shoulders, "But seriously, when is their plane landing?" and he breaks into a smile and grabs my bags. "Grace said she's coming later? Said she had to finish things back at work?" he asks as we walk towards the car now.

"Yeah. She and some coworkers were finishing up a huge story that they needed to get in before the deadline." I say as I help Henry lift my bags into the back of the car.

"Okay. Emily is back at the house with her sister and Blake is too. We're waiting on the rest of Emily's bridesmaids, Dylan, Thomas, Ki, and Will and also Grace. So I really do need to know what time their plane lands," said Henry as we both buckled into the car.

"Thomas said their plane lands around 8:30 tonight." I say as I pull out my phone to double check.

"Thomas, huh? We'll talk about that later." laughed Henry as we pulled out of the parking garage.

~~~~~

"To Henry and Emily!" I say, raising my glass to my brother and his soon-to-be wife.

"To Henry and Emily!" repeats the whole wedding party around me, followed by the clinking of glasses.

Thomas, Grace, Blake, Will, Ki, and Dylan are all sitting with me on the floor of the house I grew up in back in Virginia. The guys were lucky in their timing to take part in the wedding as there was an open spot in filming for the Scorch Trials.

"Well look at what I created!" says Henry holding a beer bottle and joining us on the floor. "If it weren't for me, you guys wouldn't be the best of friends."

"Thanks. Now you may go!" I say, waving my hands, signaling for him to go back to the party.

He just laughs. "I'm just really glad you and Grace were able to share the same kind of friendship that I have with these guys," he says while looking at me. "But.. it seems that I've also unintentionally created something more than a friendship," he says while turning his gaze to Thomas and hardening his face.

Thomas turns red and the guys all start laughing.

"Oh, Thomas youre in trouble now," teases Dylan. I shush him.

"Now Thomas, let's discuss your intentions with my sister," he says, holding out a hand for Thomas to help him up. Thomas looks at me with a panic in his eyes and takes Henry's hand.

"Hen-" I start.

"Not now sis. This is a brother-to-potential-boyfriend talk," he says as he wraps an arm around Thomas' shoulders and guides him to the kitchen.

The group looks at me laughing and soon enough so do I.

Oh, I hope he doesn't scare him too much.About 10 minutes later, Henry and Thomas exit the kitchen both holding beers and are laughing.

"What the hell did you guys talk about?" I ask as Thomas sits down by me. He doesn't seem too scared.

"That's between the two of us," says Henry as he takes a swig of his beer. He gives Thomas a nod, which he returns, and heads off to join Emily.

I turn to Thomas and whisper "You can tell me. What did you two talk about?"

He looks at me and smiles. "It's a secret," he says and he wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. I can feel his muscles are tense at this risk and, I admit, I'm a bit surprised.

I lean my head onto his shoulders and he relaxes. No one says anything. Ki, Dylan, Will, and Grace look at us and smile, both in happy and devious ways. They're done teasing for the night and we all just enjoy each other's company.