Little Moments

I had the music blaring and the windows open as I drove the car down the LA streets. Grace sits in the passenger seat singing to Lightning In A Bottle by the Summer Set, she doesn't look like she's feeling too well though. Ki and Thomas sit in the back seat. Looking in the mirror, I see Ki taking a video with his phone and Thomas with his sunglasses falling off his face.

"This is what happens when we are on our way to Dylan's," Ki says behind his phone. "Say hi Jade."

"Driving here,"

"Aw come on, just say hi," he whines, holding the phone beside me.

"Ki, I care more about our lives than the phone," I say, focusing on the road.

"Well at least change the song to something we know," he says while sitting back.

"It doesn't matter Ki, we're here," says Thomas and grabs Ki's phone while he is distracted.

I park the car in Dylan's driveway and the boys race to his backyard.

"Thomas, give it back!" Ki yells while chasing Tom.

"Your boyfriend's weird," Grace laughs as she gets out of the car.

"I know, but I like weird." I say and we both head the same way Thomas and Ki went.

Before we reach the back of Dylan's yard, we hear splashing and screams. "Wait for me!" someone yells, their voice muffled by water.

Thomas, Dylan, and Ki were all in the pool and their pants and shirts were on the ground.

My hands instantly flew to my eyes to shield myself.

"Eww gross," I hear Grace say beside, she's doing the same as me.

I pull her with me and go inside the back door and into the cool air conditioning.

"I'll be right back, I have to use the restroom," Grace says and I nod.

I set my purse and phone on the kitchen counter when two arms wrap around me and a wet body presses against my back as I'm lifted into the air.

"You're going to swim with us," laughs Thomas and he brings me to the edge of the pool.

"Thomas let me go! No!" I say but I can't help but laugh.

"Do you want to go in without your clothes on like us?" he asks with a cheeky grin.

I don't answer and instead try to wiggle free.

Thomas laughs and jumps in, pulling me with him. The cold water hits my skin and I kick up off of the bottom of the pool. When I resurface, Thomas comes to me and gives me a hug as I shiver.

He looks worried, "Jade I'm sorry, I thought -".

I don't let him finish. I splash him with water and swim to the opposite side of the pool and head towards the pool noodles.

"Jade's joining in!" yells Ki as he climbs out of the pool only to jump back in yelling "cannonball".

Thomas and Dylan start swimming my way so I grab the pool noodle, put one end directly in front of a jet in the pool, and aim the gushing water at them, turning the noodle into a water gun of sorts.

"Aghhh.. Jade!" Thomas screams and laughs as he and Dylan shield themselves.

"Pool noodles are not supposed to be used for evil purposes!" Dylan exclaims.

Ki stops himself from jumping in once again and puts his hand on his hips. "Then why do you hit me with them?"

Dylan grins, "Thats different."

Thomas leaps forward and picks me up and moves me away from the jet while planting many kisses on my cheek.

"You guys are making the pool gross!" Ki says, splashing us. Dylan starts to fake gag.

"I'm so glad I got this all on video!" Grace giggles, holding her phone up. "Come on, the game's about to start."

We'd all come to Dylan's for Super Bowl XLIX. Grace brought the pizza Dylan ordered and set it on the coffee table while there was a variety of snacks and drinks on the kitchen counter.

"I will never understand Americans and what you call football," Thomas says as he wraps his arms around me.

"You and me both, pretty boy. I just like to watch and cheer," I say as I open a can of pop.

"Seahawks are going down," Dylan says as he high fives Ki. "Patriots baby!"

"I'm just waiting for the half time show," Grace says as she takes a gulp of her water.

The guys open up a pack of beer and try to explain to Thomas what is going on in the game. They try bringing me and Grace in to it, that doesn't work.

I sit with Grace on the couch after half-time is over. She still has water. "Hey are you okay?" I ask quietly.

"What? I'm fine." she says and grips the bottle.

"Grace, I know you. Something's up. You feeling well? I mean, usually you'd be more into the game and yelling. And normally you drink. Sorry if I'm pushing, it's just- I wanna make sure you're fine." I say while squeezing her hand.

"I'm fine. I really am fine. When I tell you, you're gonna think I'm crazy. But just let me say that I am really scared and nervous," she says and grips my hand. I decide not to press and let her breath.

She smiles and motions for me to lean closer, "Blake and I are expecting."

A range of emotions go through me and I'm utterly speechless. I just pull her into a hug and feel myself starting to tear up.

"Don't tell anyone, not even Thomas. Blake knows but.. I haven't even told my parents yet," she says while wiping her eyes.

"I promise," I say and give her a hug once again.

"What are you two talking about that's got you so worked up?" Dylan asks while leaning on the back of the couch.

"Oh you know.. Periods and girl stuff," I say and Grace and I laugh.

"Eww. Never mind then," Dylan says and heads back to the guys.

Thomas gives me a look and I know he can tell that what Grace and I were talking about was important, but I know he won't ask about it.

We continue watching the game until the very end wherever, sadly,the Seahawks lost.

"Why are you sad about it if you just pick a team to win?" Thomas asks as I dig through my purse.

"Because.. Now I owe Dylan and Ki both 20 bucks." I groan and pull out my wallet.

"And that is why Dylan O'Brien and Ki Hong Lee are better at betting. We win," Ki says while taking his money.

I look at Grace and smile. This night, I know, will forever stay in my memory. The little moments. I don't know why, but lately that's what I've been focusing on. The little moments. Maybe it's just from growing older or from all the changes. But I don't care.

"Deep in thought, love?" Thomas asks while he kisses me on my temple.

I give him a light kiss on the lips, "Yeah." I take my phone out and start taking pictures of everyone.

"What are you doing?" Thomas asks as he keeps his arms around me.

"I'm capturing the little moments."