Epilogue

It had been five years since that night, the night that Thomas and I had decided to begin anew. And these past five years have been complete bliss.

Thomas's career had truly soared upon completing the final installment for the Maze Runner series, booking movie after movie. It was a surprise he had room in his schedule for his personal life, but he somehow managed to do it all. Thomas even found time to do a bit of theater on the side, something he had discovered to find a true passion for.

And as for my dance studio, to my horror it had grown to several other studios across the nation! Now I say horror because when  had first learned the news, all I could think of was how much time I would I have to dedicate to it. But luckily, that was not to be the case. Several people had come to my aid, taking charge and maintaining care for the studios.

Perhaps the most beautiful thing of it all had been the day Thomas and I welcomed our first child, Elliot James Sangster. We were married then, 9 months married that is. It was the most joyous moment in our lives. As soon as my eyes had fallen upon his chubby cheeks, I knew that I had fallen in love all over again. His little hands had curled around my finger, his tiny feet kicking in the air as he cried. And the most heartbreaking moment of it all was watching Thomas holding him, his arms cradling the babe in his arms as if at any moment he would shatter. His brown eyes had welled with tears as he cooed, his voice cracking as he smiled, "I'm a dad."

I don't think I'd ever been happier. But we were both wrong, for our second child, Emilia Ava Sangster, was born a year later, in fact two years to this day. Those two children had been the light and love of our lives.

It was all I could think about as I watched our two children playing around in the yard, Emilia in a princess dress being the birthday girl in all and Elliot in a Star Wars shirt chosen by his father. I couldn't imagine a life without them or Thomas.

"What are you thinking about, love?" Thomas asked as he pressed against my back, his arms naturally winding themselves around my growing belly.

"Just how lucky I am to have you and the kids," I muttered, my eyes beginning to sting with moisture. It was just so beautiful.

"Well we are even more lucky with this little one on the way," he proclaimed, spinning me around so that he could kiss the tiny bulge. "I can't wait for you to arrive and meet your family. We all love you and are waiting very impatiently."

I threw my head back in laughter, my hand running though his blonde hair, "Telling him that's not going to speed up the process, Tom"

Thomas knitted his brows together as he promptly stood up, his hands intertwining with my own, "Who said it was a he?"

"I don't know. It just feels like a boy," I shrugged, look down at the small bump protruding.

"Well I want a girl. You better be a girl," Thomas pouted as he looked back down at the growing baby.

We both paused in our laughter at the sound of the doorbell. The rest of the crew must have arrived for our little girl's birthday. Dylan and his now wife Britt, with their little daughter Nora. Ki Hong and Hayoung with their son David. Will had even married his longtime girlfriend and had twin daughters, Marie and Emily. Kaya and Ben had gotten married several years before and had a son, Gavin. Their lives had been amazing.

"I'm so glad all of our roads intertwined," I muttered, gazing at the picture we called our family portrait holding a picture of all of us and our children.

"What was that darling?" Thomas asked, not hearing what I had said.

"Nothing, just.. I love you, Thomas," I smiled, cupping his cheek with my hand.

He placed a tender kiss on my lips before he pulled a nose length away, "And I love you, Jade Sangster."

And along the road we went.

______

Here is the epilogue!

I had originally written a different one, but it somehow got deleted. So I wrote another one... only months and months later. But here it is!

Please forgive, but I had forgotten a lot about what I wrote throughout this whole story and what I had originally put into the epilogue.

Please feel free to check out my Alec Lightwood story Deep End!! For Shadowhunters fans!

For the final time on this story,

LillianCarrol