Ceremony

"It's time. Are you ready big brother?" I say as I tidying up his tie.

He looks at me and let's out a puff if air. "I'm ready."

"I love you." I say as I pull him into a hug.

"I love you too, little sis." He let's go and walks to the alter.

I straighten out the bottom of my red dress and take a small bouquet to hold and link my arm in Travis'. We walk down the aisle, following Nina as she tosses flowers across the floor. Once we reach the alter, I turn and take my position and watch the others file behind us. When Thomas reaches the aisle with Grace he gives me a smile.

I look into the aisle to see Emily walking down. She looks absolutely stunning. When she reaches the alter, I take her flowers and she joins hands with my brother. They had a beautiful and tear filled ceremony that I was so happy to witness.

We all waited for the new bride and groom to arrive at the reception and when they did, the hall was filled with cheers.

"He's married!" Grace screamed in my ear and I just nodded. It was all surreal. I was filled with absolute joy for my brother.

A delicious dinner was served and the cake was cut dually by Henry and Emily. Henry and Emily stepped onto the dance floor to have their first dance. It was to Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

"It's so beautiful isn't it?" I hear from behind me. It was Thomas.

"Yeah it is." I say, not taking my eyes off of my brother. When the dance is over, tears well up in my eyes and I dab at them with a napkin. Thank God for waterproof makeup I think to myself.

"I'd like to cash in my dance now," said Thomas, pulling me to the dance floor. I did not resist one bit.

We danced all night until Henry and Emily left for their honeymoon and by then my feet were hurting.

"I've been thinking a lot," started Thomas as we were finishing up our last dance and people had begun to clean up. "I don't really know where to start."

I lift my head off of his chest. "Was is it Thomas?"

He looks at me, his eyes full of emotion but I can't read it, "You wanted to know what Henry and I talked about the other night, right?"

I nod.

"Well.. he told me that in the past with your other relationships, you've been hurt and that he didn't want to see that happen again. He also said that Dylan, Ki, and Will have been telling him about our dates."

I am silent through what he says but this makes me laugh. He scolds me.

"I'm not done. Wait until the end." He pauses and takes a deep breath in.

"I really cherish our friendship that we have and I hope that you do too, but I want something more. I promise you, right here and now, that I will never do anything with the intent in hurting you. I don't know if you feel the same way that I do.. But I want you, Jade. I want you in my life as more than a friend. And to clarify if you don't know what I'm saying because I'm sure it's coming out as a bunch of shit right now but.. Will you be my girlfriend?"

We've stopped dancing and I can feel my heart beating very fast. Any sleepiness or aching I felt from before had vanished.

"I- Thomas I-" I can't seem to form the words so I nod yes and smile. A huge grin spreads on his face and he pulls me into a hug.

"And just so you know, Henry said it was okay and that if I ever hurt you he would hurt me," he said from behind my back. I laugh and pull away.

He takes my hand and squeezes it as we walk to the car that'll take us to the house as the night officially ends. We both just can't seem to wipe the smiles off our faces.