Three Matches

It's been a few days since Thomas and I flew back home. We haven't talked much about the incident, but it hangs in the back of my mind. Always the possibility.

Thomas has been staying at Dylan's place so that the boys can get some "guy time". Currently, I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Grace to come over. I turned on the tv and scrolled through the channels, settling on an episode of Ridiculousness that preceded a marathon of season 4 of Teen Wolf.

As I got up from the couch, I felt a sudden flash of heat spread through my body, warming me from my head down to my toes. Ignoring it, I headed to the kitchen and popped a bag of popcorn in the microwave. As I leaned against the counter, I could feel a coolness forming on the crown of my head. Reaching up, my fingertips met small drops of sweat beading my forehead. Grabbing a glass and filling it with ice water, I gulped it down in an attempt to rid the heat.

While I was draining the glass, the doorbell rang, signaling Grace's arrival. Setting the glass down, I walked slowly and shook out my arms, trying to rid myself of the sudden heat and opened the door.

"Jade!" Grace exclaimed and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her but pulled back when I felt a small bump meet my stomach.

"Grace, you've grown!" I said with a smile, beaming at the small bump.

Grace smiled and placed her hands on it, "Found out I'm about 5 months along. It's a girl!"

I couldn't help but let out a gasp of surprise and held my hands to my face, "Oh my god! I'm so happy for you! Names?"

Grace pushed her way through the for and settled down on the couch, "I was thinking about the names Emilia, with an E of course, Phoebe, Katherine, or Wendy."

I took a minute to think about the names and fetches the popcorn out of the microwave, "I like Phoebe and I love Emilia, with an E."

Grace rested her arms on the back of the couch, "Thank you! If I have any other thoughts I will consult you."

I nodded my head as she shared her excitement at the fact I turned on the Teen Wolf marathon as I drained another glass of ice water, the heat never leaving. I went to my room and changed out of my yoga pants and t-shirt in favor for running shorts and a tank top, trying to rid myself of the heat.

Grace seemed to sense my despair as I settled on the couch as she leaned over and felt my forehead.

"You feel really warm. Is that why you look so bad?" she asked pulling back and getting up from the couch.

"I don't look that bad. And I just feel weak. Like my body just feels tired, and I'm hot, plus my stomach doesn't feel that great," I said, lying down to try and gain control.

I felt a cool wet cloth pressed onto my forehead and saw Grace moving about the living room.

"I know quite well what it feels like I be sick. This little one gives me such grief. Don't worry, if you throw up we'll throw up together," she called from the kitchen, rummaging through he cabinets.

"That is absolutely disgusting. I'm gonna ignore that and focus on Dylan," I said as I held the cloth I my head and turned.

"Dylan?"

"Oh sorry, Stiles. He and Scott are getting their asses kicked by a freshman. Wait never mind, I think they broke the kids leg," I said as I looked at the tv, my stomach churning at each tiny movement.

Grace came over soon enough with two bowls filled with ice cream, one for me and one for her, "I was having cravings. And you're hot."

We ate the ice cream in silence, training our attention on our friend before us on tv. About 10 minutes after I finished my share, my stomach began to hurt and I felt my throat gag.