eighteen•him

She's been in the hospital for a week, longer than as expected but I'm still hopeful she'll be out soon.

I am trying to stay positive but it's hard because the past couple days they don't let me in her room. They say she needs to rest, but she's not hibernating so why haven't I seen her in three fucking days, I haven't seen her mother, or her brother or anyone other than Aaron and Gretchen and my mother.

I'm sitting outside her door again today.

"Sir, with all do respect that is my girlfriend in there and she really needs my support and I think the best treatment for her right now is letting me in there." The doctor just nodded.

"I agree Eli, but she is not taking visitors right now." I raised an eyebrow.

"Not taking visitors? Like she doesn't want to see me anymore?" I was hoping that wasn't the case. I was hoping he'd lie and tell me she was sleeping again.

"Maybe you should stop coming, she'll tell you if she needs you." I slapped my thigh and stood up.

"Okay, I don't know if you've found your person, because if you had you'd know you'd do anything to keep that person from harms way. That girl behind that mother fucking door is my person." I say, my voice raising, pointing to the door she lays behind. "So I know you think that you know what you're talking about, but you don't. So keep doing what doctors do and leave the life advice to the people with the degrees."

He walked away.

There is no excuse for acting the way I am, but missing her like this has driven me to madness. I can only see though the small window through the door and shes always just laying, looking up at the ceiling with a strait face and bags under her big dark eyes.