twenty•him

I found two notes on her table, and allowed myself out of old habits, figuring this was the only way she would talk to me, to force it.

They laid in front of me, with my name stretched out across the envelope. I decided to open the one that was dated back further. It seemed to be from about a month ago, maybe less.

I read it all, with each word my heart sunk lower and lower. I felt like absolute hell. I didn't cry; I couldn't cry.

Note number two I realized was from today. Not being able to help myself my hands tore the envelope opened quickly. White paper scattered the floor as I sweeper the torn up pieces to the ground and threw the envelope across the room, My eyes skimmed over the words and the pen blurred from the tears escaping from my eyes.

"God, wha-no..." I ran to my car as fast as my legs would take me, knowing where she is.

--

She told me one time, when she talked about Cassie. She said she won't ever drive on this bridge again. It was across the big river in Leeds, but in a narrower area so the bridge was short and used less, though plunging into waters at that height will most likely kill you.

I saw her there, sitting, her feet dangling off the edge of the bridge. I approached her slowly.

"Elana?" her head snapped in my direction, Her eyes a shade so close to black you wouldn't know the difference.

"Get out Eli!" I walked closer behind her and she stood on the railing, staring down. I put my hands up.

"Don't do it!" My mouth was a mess of words and those were the only ones I could come up with.

"Why is everyone so quick to tell me all the things I can and can't do? I'm an adult, I make my own decisions." she stumbled a bit and I rushed forward, grabbing her hips and leaning her towards me. When I peeled her off she just sat back down, intending to do what she came here for.

"I read your letters." she nodded not looking at me.

"Fucking freak right?"

"I love you too." I said before my lips crashed into hers.