Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dedicated to @pineapple23 I didn't make the 10 day deadline, but I hope you still get the A in your bio test ;)

Chapter Twenty Nine

Rainie's POV

I'm going on a date with Mason Vermont. An actual date.

Holy hell.

Lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling, that was the only coherent thought running through my head. My mind was a scrambled fuzziness, my lips tingled from the ghost of his kiss, despite it being nothing more than a second long, and my heart was beating faster than it ever had. I could feel my wolf practically doing back flips.

A date was definitely not what I was expecting. Telling me we shouldn't speak any more or that we should keep our distance was what I was waiting for, but as usual when it comes to Mason, the obvious is not what you get.

I had no idea what was going to happen between us or if the date would go well, but I knew one thing. If it did, I was going to have to tell people.

People being my parents.

The idea of it sent a chill down my spine. How would they react to knowing their daughter had found her mate, but never said anything? I knew exactly what it would do to them. They would be devastated. There was no option of telling them the truth, that Mason had rejected me as soon as he found out. They would hate him and if something did happen between us, it would be the reason why they wouldn't approve.

Then there was everyone else in the pack. Their opinions were just as important and I had no doubt that Mason felt the same about his pack. Normally if two mates from different packs met, there wouldn't be a problem. One of them, normally the girl, would move and become part of her mate's pack.

For us it was different. I was now the Beta of our pack which and as Mason was future Alpha, he could never leave them to join us.

Throwing my hands up into the air, I let out a grunt. We hadn't even had our first date and here I was thinking about the compromises we would have to make. The teenage girl inside of me was definitely in dream land.

After a quick shower and changing into a tank and shorts, I climbed into bed and waited for sleep to take me, keeping all over-thinking out of my mind. Just when I could feel my body becoming heavier and my eyes slowly closing, the sound of my phone bleeping made me jolt awake. Who the hell was texting me at this time and more importantly who was stopping me from getting some sleep?

Reluctantly reaching for my phone, my eyes widened when I saw what name was lit up on the screen. Opening the text, my lips tugged at the corners.

Sweetdreams, little kitten.

Maybe he had changed or maybe everything was still the same and he was playing some sort of game. I had no idea what caused him to change his mind, but there were no complaints from my wolf. Right now I had what every girl wants from her mate and for the first night in a long time, my wolf and I had the perfect sleep.

* * *

Bounding down the stairs, I skipped past my dad in the hall, calling out a good morning.

"Morning, kiddo." He replied, his cheery voice following me as I made my way into the kitchen and over to the fridge. Everything about this morning just felt so much lighter and I knew it was all down to last night. I was close to turning into one of those cliché girls, but I didn't care. I was happy and after months of switching between tears, smiles, anger, hurt and physical pain, being completely content was a welcomed feeling.

Another good thing about this morning was that waking up early meant I had longer to myself before Jude picked me up for school.

Jude.