Chapter Two

Chapter two is up guys!  Hope you enjoy <3 BlackDrop.

Chapter Two

Walking into school the next day my heart was in my throat. Bella wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me a little tighter towards her. I had explained everything to her last night and, apart from the hour long questioning I was subject to, she cheered me up and made me feel a little better about what happened.

That's what I loved about her, she always supported me.  Even when we were eleven and I thought it was a good idea to melt a chocolate bar in the microwave.  What I didn't do was take the wrapper off and ended up blowing it up and setting fire to a small part of the kitchen.

"Just remember what I said," Bella placed her hands on my shoulders and turned me to face her. "It's a scary thing to find your mate and even more so when it's a person you would never suspect." She's got that right.

Running her hand through her blond hair to move it away from her eyes, she continued. "He probably just didn't know what to do or say. He's had last night to think it over, you both have, and now he'll be used to the idea. You'll see." She said confidently.

Maybe things will be different, I told myself as I walked to first period. When I was younger my mother used to always tell me a bed time story of the two mates. How they were designed for each other by the ancestors and how much they loved and cherished one another. Ever since I was six years old I had always imagined what my first meeting with my mate would be like. Yesterday was definitely not how it was supposed to be.

No, I told myself. Bella is right, we're mates and nothing is as strong as that bond. Or so I thought.

* * *

The lunch bell rang and I couldn't have been happier. I had already decided not to say anything to him until after, when we were heading back to class. The last thing I needed was for his stupid friends to be there. Me and the popular kids just didn't get on. I was the quiet nerd with a few close friends and no intention of changing. They were, well... different.  Bella waved me over to our usual table.

"So I hear you're Jock's mate?" Ray said with a playful smile. He along with the rest of my friends hated the popular kids. There was no real reason; we were just at opposite ends of the high school food chain.

"That's right." I admitted. Opening the wrapper of my burger I looked up to find all eyes on me. "What?" I asked them.

No one spoke, but they each gave me a look I couldn't read. "Maybe you should be careful Rainie." Nicky, another one of my guy's friends said. "You know what he's like and we don't want you getting hurt."

'What he's like' was code for 'he's a player who only breaks hearts'. "Guys don't worry about me. I'll be okay." I said. "We're mates, of course everything will be fine."

Bella nodded. "Just don't go sitting at their table. Remember where your loyalties lie." She poked her knife in my direction and laughed.  Bella was the mood lifter in our little group.  No matter how serious the subject, she would always make light of it and take away the tension. 

I ran my finger across my forehead. "My allegiance is embedded in my head."

She nodded. "Good, because you've already got yourself a little attention from lover boy." She tilted her head to the side and sure enough he was staring at me.

I didn't have time to read his expression because as soon as my eyes locked with his everything faded around me. All the thoughts in my head were gone and I'm pretty sure if someone was to ask me my name I wouldn't be able to tell them it. I could feel heat rise up and spread across my entire body, it was a tingly feeling and it was amazing. His eyes never once moved from mine. I didn't know how long we sat there just staring at each other and I didn't care. I wanted this feeling to last forever.