Chapter Thirty Five

Guys please check out Good Bye, Good Girl  @YouMadeMyDay and The Girl of your Dreams @Roseling12

This chapter is dedicated to my awesome sweetheart @shaliniagg Happy birthday for Wednesday lovely, have an awesome day

The beautiful banner to the side is made by @Read_Write_Eat Thank you so much!!

Chapter Thirty Five

Rainie's POV

"Why the hell is she opening that?" Mason groaned, throwing his arms into the air. "Seriously, what is wrong with that chick?"   

I shrugged even though his eyes weren't on me. "She has to go in, that's the whole point. If she didn't there would be no reason to make it into a movie."

Throwing me a glance over his shoulder, he smirked. "Yeah, I know that, but why can't they make it realistic? I mean, you would go into that house knowing there was a woman possessed by the Devil in there?"

"No, but I'm normal." Keeping his eyes forward, he scoffed at my response. "Are you saying I'm not normal?"

"Of course you're not." He turned again, this time to flash me a one sided smile. "You should be scared out of your mind, wanting to be close to me and have my arms wrapped around you in case anything bad happens. Instead, you smiling like a weirdo."

It was obvious that was the image Mason conjured up in his head when he decided we should watch a horror, but unfortunately for him, I loved a good horror movie. He on the other hand, didn't look too confident. "I think it's you who needs comforting." I teased.

His brow rose at my remark and a smirk sat gracefully on his lips. "Are you saying I'm scared, little kitten?" I nodded my head firmly. "You should be careful, sweetheart." His voice lowered causing the little hairs on the back on my neck to stand on end and the familiar warm, tingle of pleasure to seep through my body.

Without giving me a second to prepare, his hands went straight for my waist. "Stop it!" I laughed. The torturous wandering of his hands didn't stop. "Mason, stop tickling me!" I cried out again, my cheeks sore from the wide smile I wore.

"Not until you say I'm the strongest, bravest wolf in the world." He laughed.

Shaking my head, I tried to wriggle out from underneath him, but it was no good. His hands held tight on to my waist as he pulled me down on to the couch until I was lying flat and his body was half covering mine. "My parent's always told me not to lie." I said jokingly, through gasps of laughter.

His low, deep chuckle turned into a hearty laugh. "Well that's the deal." My ribs were sore from laughing and tears were falling freely from my eyes. "You admit that and I'll let you go." Knowing that if I were to say those words, he would never let me forget it, I decided instead to place my hand on the back of his neck and bring his lips to mine. 

My eyes closed and I could feel his hands had frozen on my stomach, his lips unmoving. It wasn't a deep kiss and it wasn't filled with the lust and need they usually are, but it was soft and sweet. Slowly moving my head back, my eyes opened to immediately meet his. "You didn't play fair." He stated, his voice filled with a little accusation and surprise.

My lips curved ever so slightly. "I guess not." I lifted my head until my face was inches from his, "I should probably take that kiss back then." I whispered, before pressing my lips against his in the same, soft way I had done just a moment a go.  

For a brief second his lips were as still as they had been, but he quickly recovered and returned the kiss. My stomach was doing all kinds of dances and somersaults, and my heart was raging against my chest. No matter how long I had spent with Mason or how many times we kissed, those feelings would overwhelm me every time and I suspected that I would never quite get used to them.