Chapter Forty - Part Two

• Dedicated to All of my beautiful little werewolves

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY

Chapter Forty

Part Two

With all the other guests dancing, it was only us still sitting at the table on the edge of the dance floor. Sara dropped down onto a chair, empty glasses in her hands and exhaustion finally taking over. "You look tired," Peter noted, "beautiful, but tired."   

She smiled, "It's worth it."   

I sat on Mason's lap, one of his arms around my waist and the other draped over my leg. Resting my head on his shoulder, I felt a kiss being pressed to my forehead before his lips moved against my skin. "Tired?" I nodded.   

"It's been a wonderful night, Sara." My mom said, "Everyone had such a good time." Alpha Tom raised his glass, "I agree." Standing from his chair, he held out his hand for Delilah to take. "Now I would like to dance with my beautiful mate." With a rosy tint to her cheeks, she stood and followed him on to the make shift dance floor. 

Turning in his chair to face Bella, Cole wiggled his brows. "How about a dance, hot stuff?" 

"I've got two left feet." 

He smirked, "You can stand on my shoes." 

"I'm not four." 

"I'd say you're a ten." He winked. 

Her head snapped towards him, "Really? You're trying to get me to dance with cheesy lines like that?" Slowly, her lips curved at the corners, a sly smile forming. "Is little Cole a virgin?" 

He choked on his drink, "What?"

Placing her hands over her heart, she cooed, "You are, aren't you? That's cute."

With a slack jaw and eyes wide he looked at Mason. "Dude, you weren't kidding about her biting my tail." Chuckling, Mason shook his head. "Man, this chick is killing me." Cole mumbled into his glass as he took a gulp of alcohol.

I leaned in to Bella, so I couldn't be overheard by the others, "Give him a break," I whispered, trying to suppress my giggling, "it's only a dance." 

Huffing out a breath, she stood up and tugged on the sleeve of his shirt, "Come on, loser." Mason and I laughed watching Cole almost trip over his own feet trying to get up quick enough. 

Emma and Ray also moved towards the dance floor, closely followed by the rest of our table. My laughter subsided into a wide smile when my eyes landed on Nicky. Standing from his chair and moving round the table, he looked at Mason. "Can I steal a dance with your mate?" 

For half a second, the hold Mason had on me tightened a little – no doubt due to his wolf – but he smiled and nodded. "I won't be long." I promised, pressing a kiss against his lips. 

With my hand in his Nicky twirled me into the middle of the dance floor, "Come on, Rainie," he laughed, pulling me into his body, "let's show these guys how dancing's really done."  

Throwing my head back with a heart laugh, Nicky spun me out at arm's reach before pulling me back to him and lifting his arm for me to twirl twice underneath.  

As the playlist of songs slowed so did our pace. "Did you enjoy the party?" I realized that even though he looked like he was having a good time, I had never actually asked him.  

"You sound just like a Luna," Nicky smirked, "I'm going to have to get used to that." 

Gratification swelled in my wolf's chest, "Yes, you are."