Chapter Thirty Four - Mason's POV

Dedicated to Nadine_butterfly50 for being amzingly awesome! She sent me a message that had my cheeks hurt from smiling. Thank you so much again for your kind words. Also, please check out her stories The Bad Boy Saved Me and Until You Came Along!

Chapter Thirty Four

Mason's POV

Holy crap. She actually said yes.

My chest was ready to explode, my stomach was in knots and my head was light. Even now, driving away from her, I still couldn't believe she said yes.

Rainie Harper was my girlfriend.

My nerves were shot. I was concentrating on making sure I didn't mess up, I was sure something was going to go wrong, but it didn't. Everything was perfect, she was perfect.

Choosing where to go on a date with some random chick was easy. Picking the perfect place to take my mate for the first time definitely wasn't. Going to watch some movie and grabbing something to eat on the way home wasn't the best way to prove myself to her and that's when I had the idea about the diner.

I figured she'd think it was lame, but as soon as I saw those amazing eyes of hers light up, I knew I had finally done something right. Everything had been planned expect the part where I actually asked her to be with me. The second that thought came to mind, I was surprised as hell, but there was no way I couldn't go through with it.

Even if it did scare the life out of me.

An image of her burned into my mind. From her soft, full lips pulled back into that sexy little smile to her delicate skin caused my grip to tighten on the wheel and an uncomfortable shift below.

Not to mention how it felt to kiss her. Damn. Nothing in the world compared to that girl's kiss. Just thinking about it put me in some serious need of a cold shower.

The gravel crunched beneath the hot rubber of my tires as I pulled into the drive leading to my house. Shutting the door, it was all I could do not to freaking skip through the house like the complete whipped puppy I was turning into.

"Something smells good, Nell." I planted a kiss on the side of her head before she spun round to face me. "Why are you still cooking?" I remembered checking the clock just after I dropped Rain off and it was almost midnight.

Waving her hand, she busied herself with cutting the freshly made bread. "Just making a snack, is all." I was about to ask her who for, considering the majority of the pack were asleep, but I didn't get the chance. "Why are you still up?"

A huge, full smile lifted my lips. "I had a date." The happiness and pride in my voice was undeniable. Man, I was seriously crazy about this girl.

With her thin rimmed glasses perched on the tip of her nose, she peered over them at me. "Would this date be with Rainie by any chance?" A tell-tale smile curved her lips.

"Maybe." I chuckled, popping a grape into my mouth.

"Now come on," She urged. "I may not be a teenager anymore, but I still remember what it was like to date. Especially when it's a date with your mate." A glaze of sadness past her eyes, but it was gone in a second.

"How did you know?" I asked incredulously. I should have figured; no details of our lives slipped past Nell.

She gently shook her head and breathed a laugh. "I've known you far too long Mason. I knew as soon as that girl walked through the door what she meant to you."

"She's pretty amazing, Nell."

Glancing over her shoulder, she gave me a look a grandmother would give and smiled, "Tell me everything."