Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Freeze.

Rewind.

Edit.

Play.

My mother's shrill yell had us all frozen to the spot. "What is going on?" It wasn't a good sign that her cheeks were slowly turning a harsh red.

Nope, doesn't work in real life.

My father's stern face alone scared the crap out of me. "You've got some explaining to do Rainie. Look at the mess you've all made."

Another voice followed my father's. "Nicky get up from underneath Bella. Everyone over here now." Alpha Tom ordered and though he didn't yell, we did exactly what he said the moment he said it. Everyone except for Jude, who obviously didn't know who the man was. "That includes you, young man."

He didn't move. "Jude, get off me." I whispered, not knowing why I bothered because everyone in the room could hear what I had said. His eyes snapped to mine and he lifted his body, pulling me up in the process. I smiled, "Thanks."

Fingering the hem of my salsa, chocolate and pizza covered shirt, I kept my gaze on the wooden floor below my feet. I couldn't bring myself to look up at their faces, there was no doubt they would be furious. My mother would be looking at me with a disappointed expression, standing with her arms folded over her chest like she always did when she was angry with me. I could feel her eyes practically burn a whole through my head. "Well?" She pressed.

Finally lifting my head, I looked at her and her alone. "We were just having fun, we'll clean it up." I promised, my voice was barely anything above a whisper.

"You better had Rainie Elizabeth Harper, otherwise you won't see daylight for the next two months."

My father stepped forward, moving the empty pizza box out of his way with his foot and eyeing the rest of the room. "Your mother is right, this was nothing but immature behavior from all of you and it will not be happening again."

Alpha Tom stepped forward to stand beside my parents. "I am sure they are aware of how juvenile they have acted Brian." He placed his hand on my father's shoulder. "Nicky, Bella, Ray, Emma," he nodded his head to each of them, "You will all help Rainie and this young man clean up, do you all understand?" We nodded in unison.

Someone clearing their throat gained everyone's attention immediately. "Alpha Hudson, I think we have more pressing needs to deal with." Alpha Vermont said, speaking for the first time.

I had only met Alpha Vermont on a handful of occasions, one of those being when he granted our pack permission to share his territory. He wanted to meet the whole pack, my father told me it was because he wanted to size us up and determine whether we would be a threat. He had over four hundred pack members whilst we had less than seventy. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have been any threat whatsoever.

"Of course Alpha Vermont. If you could follow us." Keeping his voice cool, Tom motioned his hand towards the door, obviously wanting this discussion to be held in the main house. "Mr..." he trailed off, his eyes focused on Jude.

"Taylor, Jude Taylor." He said offering his hand.

An emotion crossed Tom's features, but it was quickly covered before I could read it. His head turned towards Alpha Peter, both of them sharing a look before turning back to face Jude. What was that about? Giving a small, but warm smile, Tom took it in his own hand and gave it a firm shake. "It's a pleasure son, but I will have to insist on you staying here."

I glanced up at Jude through the corner of my eye, would he be expecting an explanation? "Of course, sir." Apparently not.

"Please, call me Tom." There it was again, that same emotion flashed in his eyes, only this time he wasn't so quick to mask it.