Chapter Eight - Mason's POV

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your support with votes, comments.

Chapter Eight

Mason's POV

Cole sauntered towards me with his arm loosely wrapped around his latest flavor's small waist. She was hot. Scott and Cassidy followed behind, walking close enough to each other that their arms would brush causing a permanent blush to settle on Cass's cheeks. I'm starting to think Scott walks around blindfolded.

"Hey man," Cole gave a nod of his head, "party tonight, you up for it?" The girl, I think her name is Ally or Amy, or something, giggled as she ran her fingers through her long, blonde hair. I had no idea what she found amusing.

I shrugged a shoulder. Don't get me wrong, I partied as hard as the next guy, but for some reason I just didn't care about it. I didn't care about much lately, but instead of analyzing the reason, I ignored it. "Come on Mas, it'll get us in the mood for your party this weekend." Damn, I forgot all about that. "There will be hot girls, right?." He wiggled his brows.

Why didn't that sound as appealing as it should have done?

Nodding, I turned to my locker, taking out a couple of books that I needed. "Yeah, I'll think about it." Facing back towards Cole, something flashed in my side vision, but it wasn't there long enough for me to make out what it was. "Jake going?" I asked, focusing my attention back on Cole and the girl, who was still giggling.  She was actually kind of annoying.

Cole nodded, "Yup, him and Harmony are going out to some restaurant first so they are meeting us there." Jake was like us before he found his mate. You know a typical guy, parties, girls, sports and everything else that came with it. It was his life until he met her.

After I spoke to Cole, I had thought about going to Jake and telling him about Rainie, but I knew what he would say.  He would tell me that finding your mate is the best thing that could happen and when you do find her, you will want to keep her safe and make her happy, nothing else will matter.

It was pretty much the same thing my parents said when they first told me about the whole 'mate bonding' thing.

For a second I allowed myself to think of what it would be like to make Rainie happy, what I would need to do to put a smile on her face, but I couldn't think of a single thing.  I had no idea what that girl liked or disliked, what made her laugh or cry.  I involuntarily sighed; I guess it didn't matter anyway.

A waving hand blurred in front of me. What the? "You back with us yet, Mason?" Cole and Scott laughed.  What were they talking about?  I looked at them, confusion written all over my face, waiting for an explanation.

It was Scott who cleared things up. "Looked a little spaced out there, man." He pattered my back. "Everything ok?"

"Yeah, fine." I lied. "Just thinking about this party."

Slamming my locker shut, I brushed past the guys heading for our first class.  I didn't bother to check behind me; I knew they would be following. The guys were talking about what time was best to get to the party and the final preparation for mine this weekend.  Cassidy and the blond were talking about shopping or something, I think.  To be honest it was more that chick and her whiny voice, Cassidy wasn't like your typical popular girl.

I mean yeah, she liked clothes and all that, but she wasn't some prima princess who strutted with her nose turned up and a permanent pout on her lips. Cassidy was quieter and she could play the hell out of any instrument you gave her.

My feet stopped moving and I could do nothing but stand there. I knew the only reason my senses hadn't picked it up sooner was because my thoughts were elsewhere. But as soon as that delicious scent filtered through my body, my eyes landed on a mouth watering sight. Her long, brown hair fell in loose waves down her back, half of it being pinned up by what looked like a pencil.  I chuckled, I'd never seen anyone use a pencil to keep their hair up before, but I had to admit it suited her in a strange way.