Chapter Thirteen

Dedicated to xBunni for the awesome cover, thank you so much

Chapter Thirteen

I froze.

A human lives with a werewolf.

Then an even bigger realization hit me and it was one that made me feel sick.

Jude lives with Mason.

I sat motionless, glued to the spot, staring blankly at the air behind Jude trying to process the new found information. I must have heard wrong. Yeah, that's it. He couldn't have said that, there's no way he would live with the Harbor Pack, it just wasn't possible.

Until Jude lightly squeezed my hand, trying to gain my attention, I hadn't even realized he had still been holding it.

Should I ask him about it? Should I pretend I never heard him or should I just believe I had heard wrong? Maybe I had been dreaming. That was a better option.

My wolf couldn't settle either. I felt her rattling around inside of me as if I were her cage, keeping her hostage. She was just as surprised as me, and in the instant after Jude had spoken those words, she went on high guard. Watching and waiting for him to make one wrong move before she would snap into defense mode.

I wanted her to be calm. Whatever Jude was talking about, whether I had heard right or not, I knew somewhere inside of me that he would never hurt us. My wolf didn't believe this and began calling for her mate. It was something every mated femme wolf did. When they felt the slightest threat or the possibility of a threat, they would call to their mate for protection.

If Jude was going to hurt me, rather than protect me, I had every faith that Mason would serve me up on a silver platter to him. The jerk.

Shaking my head slightly I allowed all my thoughts and senses to come back to the reality in front of me, to the guy in front of me.

"Harper," Jude said in a gentle yet deep voice. His eyes had darkened with warmth as worry flashed across them. I wasn't sure if I was ready to face him yet, to look him in the eye, but I knew if I didn't now then I probably never would. Finally staring into those endless pools of grey liquid, I prepared myself for what he had to say. "Show me."

Well I thought I prepared. I had no idea what he meant. "Show you?" I questioned, confusion written all over my face. Show him what?

He nodded, bringing our entwined hands and placing them in the middle of us on top of the cushion before reaching up with his free hand and cupping my face with it. "Show me your wolf."

My expression immediately turned to stone. "I don't know what you're talking about." The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. Now I wasn't just thinking that I could be dreaming, I was praying that I was.

He said nothing, but gave me a smile. A telling smile that let me know he wasn't going to play along with me.

Lifting his hand from my cheek, he brushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear, lingering slightly before letting the tips of his fingers trail down my hot skin. "You don't?" He quirked his brown.

I shook my head, keeping my eyes locked with his. How is this possible? How can he live with the Harbor Pack, he's a freaking human.

Taking a deep breath I inhaled the air around me just to make sure. I had tried to catch his scent when he walked into class on his first day, but I couldn't get anything. I still didn't. There was no powerful, distinct scent, just the smell of a guy's cologne - spicy and manly.

"Well then that's strange," He smirked. I looked at him, still trying not to give away any emotion. "You're trying to catch my scent, but you say you don't know what I'm talking about." He finished, his lips now curved into a full, very smug smile.