Chapter Eleven - Mason's POV

Hello my gorgeous sunshines, just a quick note to say thank you to my old and new fans for all the support with this story.

Chapter Eleven

Mason's POV

I was beyond pissed. For the first time in my life, my wolf felt caged inside of me, like he was trapped in an unfamiliar place, pacing back and forth, fighting to get out.

My head spun with the emotions - more emotions than I could name - that swirled inside me. My whole body surged with so much anger that I couldn't stop myself from shaking. Clenching my jaw and breathing heavy through my nose I tried with everything I had to calm down, but it just didn't work.

Images of what happened played through my mind like a never ending movie. Why couldn't things just go back to the way they were? If I thought I knew what jealousy felt like before, it was nothing compared to how I felt now. That and pure rage.

All I could see was her sprawled out on her back and him - that ass - on top of her. I mean, seriously did that guy have a death wish or something? It seemed like every time I saw them, he was all over her. Okay, so with her long chocolate brown hair, delicate pale skin, full lips and breath taking eyes, she was something to look at, but why did he have to pick her?

Despite going to school with Rain for years, I didn't know much about her, but I didn't think even she would fall for his smarmy, good for nothing lies.  Obviously I was wrong.  People may think I was a jerk, but at least I'm honest. I didn't want a mate and I told her that. I never lied to her or used her like I could have.

Having his hands all over my mate was completely and utterly unacceptable. It wouldn't be happening again, that's for sure. My wolf growled inside of me, not liking the idea of the two of them one bit. I couldn't blame him, if it hadn't have been for my father and Alpha Hudson being there I would have made sure he wouldn't have been able to use his hands again. I could feel my fur spring up from my skin. There was not a chance in hell he was going there again, I'd have to just make damn clear who she belongs to.

Oh man, there I go again with those stupid damn thoughts. Rain wasn't mine, she couldn't be and I knew that. Hell, that's what I wanted. This was driving me crazy and it had to stop.  

My wolf had done nothing but whimper at the thought of them taking his mate away from him. In all honesty I hadn't expected myself to feel what I did the moment the Beta position was mentioned. It was as if something - a part of myself - was being torn out of me and I could do nothing to get it back. I hated the feeling and I never wanted to experience it again.

Falling back onto my bed and crossing my arms over my face, shielding the white moonlight that shone through the windows, I thought back to how my old life used to be. Parties every weekend, now I didn't want to go anywhere. Girls hanging off my every word like it was coated in honey. All I wanted was to get in, get off and fuck them off, but now it wasn't that easy. My wolf hated it of course, but there's nothing he can do about it. He wants his mate, the one person who was designed to be his, but he can't have her.

My muscles immediately tensed and my jaw clenched harder, grinding my teeth as everything came back to me again. Freaking idiots. That's what they were nothing but useless dogs. I hated them and right then I hated my father for accepting them onto our territory.

If he hadn't, I wouldn't be here.

If he hadn't I would be out, right now, having the time of my life.

If he hadn't I wouldn't have met her. The one girl, that tiny little thing, which completely screwed up my life.

Stop it. My wolf roared. Stop talking about her like that.